The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Editing] The Writers' Workshop

[Editing] The Writers' Workshop

I was wondering whether anyone is familiar with the services of the Writers' Workshop in England. It's run by Harry Bingham, a published author, and offers among other things, editing services.

http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk/About-us.html

The web site information looks terrific, as do the editing services (albeit really expensive). They offer a sample of the type of editorial feedback along with testimonials. They also indicate that they have connections with British agents.

While I couldn't afford a full MS critique I might be interested in sending in a partial if I know it's useful both from the viewpoint of feedback and potential contact with UK agents.

Does anyone had any first-hand (hey, even second-hand) knowledge about them?

figuring it all out Interrobang's Avatar
    I'd try shopping around before I went with any one editor. Have you looked at the 'Society for Editors and Proofreaders'? They have a searchable database of professional editors.
    My author site: www.sjarnott.com

Twitter @TheWritersGuide

(Logo c/o stewf)

I noticed that this is an old thread, but I'm also curious if anyone has used their editing services. If so did you like them?
    www.juliaselch.com

Twitter: @jsselch
    Current YA Fantasy WIP: 56,309/60,000

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Editing] The Writers' Workshop (UK)

http://www.writersworkshop.co.uk/

They look solid but would love independent confirmation.

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    I personally know 2 of their editors and a third by reputation. As reputatable as they come.

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    I know several of the editors who work for the Writers' Workshop, and I've spoken at their annual conference in York. They're good.

They run classes, and there's one I've heard so much good stuff about it's getting a bit ridiculous. It's the Self Editing course run by Emma Darwin and Debi Alper (who are both fab, by the way). If you think it's appropriate for you, do it. It's a really good one.

I know three of their fiction editers and they are damn good - as professional as they come. You will get value for money with them.
    Welcome, Watchers of illusion, to the castle of confusion.
    Spellcasting: W.I.N.E
    Website Twitter