AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Tyche Books Ltd.

[Publisher] Tyche Books Ltd.

Trawling Duotrope for novel markets and found Tyche Books (http://tychebooks.com/) -- but no AW thread for them.

Anybody have any experience with them?

Available at all major e-retailers H&R published by Dreamspinner Press

Writing blog: Notes from the Jovian frontier Twitter: LBlankenship_sf
    Creative Services for self-publishers: covers, ebook formatting, and more

practical experience, FTW Taran's Avatar
    Practicing necromancy to note that On Spec is putting out its 25th anniversary anthology with them.

Copy editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Taran View Post
    Practicing necromancy to note that On Spec is putting out its 25th anniversary anthology with them.
    =laughter= Oh, Taran, I needed that today! Thank you.

Except that despite the necromancy being funny [it still is funny] in 2014 On Spec would have been 25 after all.

Per On Spec's own site, they did publish Casserole Diplomacy and Other Stories with Tyche Books. It looks much better there. Tyche's site has hard-to-read book images; mousing over them shows titles, but not authors.
    Last edited by az shea; 01-22-2016 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Added links, another paragraph.
    ASZ*---
    Freelance C/E

LinkedIn

Left-Handed Writing Fairy folclor's Avatar
    The Tyche site seems much better now and I've taken to following them on Twitter and Facebook. However, when I look at their books on Amazon they usually have a lower ranking.

Am I reading the signs wrong? I'm a bit disappointed as I live in Alberta, Canada and was excited at the prospect of a good publisher near.

At the same time, this is really my first time trying to dig deeper about a publisher. Does anyone else have insights or experiences? When I google them I don't see a lot of bad​ press, but mostly I don't see much press at all.