• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ruby Lioness Press

SamhainMoon

Registered
Reaction score
Marissa Dobson is one of the most unprofessional people I've had the misfortune of dealing with. Avoid her future "publishing projects" like the plague. (She considers herself a PR person, cover artist, writer, editor, etc.)
Up until YESTERDAY she was accepting submissions and sending out contracts. Then all of a sudden today she closes? Something fishy. I'm so sorry for all the authors touched by this. Make sure you get a letter saying your rights reverted. This bs about her only saying it on Facebook doesn't fly.

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net
Well, darn, I sure hate to hear this happening but only because of the authors. I heard it confirmed also from the author I noted. This is the second time this has happened to her and I'm so bummed for her (and the others).

I wish people going into business would give more thought and time before doing this and affecting a whole other bunch of people.

More and more, unfortunately, it is proving that waiting makes more sense, but heck, sometimes it's only waiting less than a year for the implosion.

But I guess some are just so driven to be published. It's sad. But there are others out there with solid performance and time. I hope the RL authors will find their way to those.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Ruby Lioness authors, if you haven't yet gotten formal reversion letters, GET THEM NOW while the proprietors are still shutting down.

SamhainMoon

Registered
Reaction score
I think their first book(s) were published around Feb 2012 Snowy Fate by Marissa Dobson and something else. Some of these authors had like 10 contracts with them. Some signed as recently as this week.

freelancemoon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to see this, but I'm not completely surprised. Hope that check for the last book I edited comes in, but I'm not holding my breath.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Freelancemoon, small claims court is your friend.

narmowen

Lost in the woods
Registered
Reaction score
Ruby Lioness authors, if you haven't yet gotten formal reversion letters, GET THEM NOW while the proprietors are still shutting down.

I sent the request to Marissa and she immediately replied with it. Thankfully.