Goodreads Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow, my spring-release novel is up on the Goodreads site. I didn't put it there, so I thought maybe my publisher did. I emailed her to ask but she hasn't got back to me. I also see that other new releases from my publisher are not on up on the site.

My problem is that there is no cover image for my novel and the blurb is old (I'd like to update it with the final release version). However, I don't know how to access my novel's profile to make changes. Does anyone who's familiar with Goodreads know how I can access my author profile?

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
If you pm me the details I can do it. I have librarian status. Any librarian ca[SUP][/SUP]n update information.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
The wonderful Carol uploaded my cover image for me. Thank you!! AW is awesome.

You can also register yourself with an author profile under your book; then you can make changes yourself, upload covers, etc.

aruna: Do you have instructions on how to do that? I'm fairly new to the site and still figuring it out.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Here is the goodreads FAQ on their Author Program, with full instructions:
http://www.goodreads.com/help#author_program

Specifically:

How do I join the Author Program?

1. If you are already a Goodreads member, make sure you are signed in. If not, sign up for an account.

2. Search for yourself and click on your published author name. The author name is listed below the title of your book in the search results. If you do not find your book in our database of published works, please see our section on who can join.

3. Clicking on your name takes you to your basic author profile page. This page has your name at the top and "author profile" to the right of your name. This page is part of our database of books and authors and is separate from your member profile page (which lists your bookshelves and friends).

4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "Is this you? Let us know." to send a request to join the Author Program.

Please give us a few business days to process your request. You will receive email confirmation when we successfully upgrade your user account to an author account. Joining the program merges your author page with your member page. The email will also contain further instructions for managing your author profile.

lolchemist

Shooting stars.
Registered
Reaction score
I guess there's nothing more to add so I'll just say congratulations! Maybe someone is interested enough in your book to add it before your publisher can! That has to be good news!!

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Any librarian can manually add books to the GoodReads database. And librarian status is not difficult to get -- I think you have to have a certain number of posts and request it and state why you're interested, then they get back to you.

It's very likely someone with librarian status simply chose to add that particular book.

Status
Not open for further replies.