Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Earth Day! Buy this $60 light bulb!

I should be writing. Alpha Echo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkist View Post

Plus, the new candelabra bulbs look, well... pervy. They don't give that beautiful candle vibe at all. NOT what I am going for in my home decor, guys.

I'm with the right on this one. The government can FOAD.

And I'm also installing dimmer switches to save electricity, so don't hate. Or do, I don't care. You can pry the incandescent candelabra bulbs out of my cold, dead hands.
    I'm with you. We have several very large chandeliers. I would not put those things in them ever!
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
    T.H Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Roger J Carlson View Post
    I've always kind of wondered which part of the US Constitution gives the government authority to decide how efficient my lightbulbs should be. Next, I suppose they'll mandate new thermostats that don't go higher than 63ºF in winter or lower than 75º in summer.
    QUIET!! Don't give them any ideas.
    "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."
    James Madison, The Federalist No. 45

"Beware the greedy hand of government, thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry."
    Thomas Paine

The Livermore light bulb is cool--I've been to see it a few times when I lived there.
    "Cease, cows, life is short." - Gabriel García Márquez

Watermark: A Novel of the Middle Ages

Sophipygian AW Moderator Alessandra Kelley's Avatar
    What about Christmas lights?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12