Hello real in-the-flesh people who write

Granada

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, it's nice to be here,

A little about why I write, and why I joined:

I have no clue why I started writing fiction. I tried to resist the draw for several years because, really, writing takes too much time and I have other things to do. At best that tactic resulted in serial reading of harlequin romances to bide time, and at worst it resulted in one particular and disturbing thought soon after experiencing a highway truck and trailer accident: wow, now I can write about car accidents…

So I caved and arranged a date with my computer. Since then, every morning before work, my alarm and fur-babies wake me up to brew coffee, dump kibble into dog dishes, and throw hay out the back of the barn by 5:30 so I can start writing. It seems to be effective. Crazy ideas and random phrases have, for now, stopped overwhelming my brain.

Anyway, I’m still a newbie and a closet writer, have been since 2007. Only my husband knows the extent of my writing and reading. I don’t actually know any other real, in-the-flesh people who write, so I’m hoping to meet some other writers on AW and get involved with the board.

My profile questions are filled in if you care to look at the standard occupation, hobbies, if i ruled the world introductions.

Thanks and please be kind for a while!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

TomGrimm

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I've also had a similar reaction to morbid events. Specifically, when I found a dead body one of my first thoughts was "Shit, this would be a good thing to write about".

Granada

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome! What do you write about?

Mostly SF, far-future speculative exploring science and scenarios that test human relationships. Less "boy" SF and more what I want to write.

I've also tried fantasy, romance, and a contemporary short story about people and their animals. I'm not picky about genres to read, I read all over the place.

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
There are no real people here. We are a collective of autobots that respond to certain key words.

Sit back and enjoy the automated responses,

Signed, the Borg...

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!! I wish I had your kind of morning resolve.