• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

BPS Books / Bastian Publishing Services Ltd.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
BPS Books has been discussed briefly in our Self-Publishing room (it's first mentioned in comment #8), in relation to possible cooperative efforts by self-publishers, but I felt it better to have the discussion here. So. BPS Books: self-publishers' cooperative; editorial service; or vanity press?

In its favour, the person behind it does seem to have a decent track record in trade publishing (although I've not checked anything out there); but there's some of the usual rhetoric on the site which makes me wary.

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
BPS Books has been discussed briefly in our Self-Publishing room (it's first mentioned in comment #8), in relation to possible cooperative efforts by self-publishers, but I felt it better to have the discussion here. So. BPS Books: self-publishers' cooperative; editorial service; or vanity press?

In its favour, the person behind it does seem to have a decent track record in trade publishing (although I've not checked anything out there); but there's some of the usual rhetoric on the site which makes me wary.

Yes, I agree on the rhetoric. that's why I came to see if there was an AW thread just for BPS... but no one's said anything since Old Hack's intro. :/