The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: BPS Books / Bastian Publishing Services Ltd.

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar

BPS Books / Bastian Publishing Services Ltd.

BPS Books has been discussed briefly in our Self-Publishing room (it's first mentioned in comment #8), in relation to possible cooperative efforts by self-publishers, but I felt it better to have the discussion here. So. BPS Books: self-publishers' cooperative; editorial service; or vanity press?

In its favour, the person behind it does seem to have a decent track record in trade publishing (although I've not checked anything out there); but there's some of the usual rhetoric on the site which makes me wary.

Copy editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
    BPS Books has been discussed briefly in our Self-Publishing room (it's first mentioned in comment #8), in relation to possible cooperative efforts by self-publishers, but I felt it better to have the discussion here. So. BPS Books: self-publishers' cooperative; editorial service; or vanity press?

In its favour, the person behind it does seem to have a decent track record in trade publishing (although I've not checked anything out there); but there's some of the usual rhetoric on the site which makes me wary.
    Yes, I agree on the rhetoric. that's why I came to see if there was an AW thread just for BPS... but no one's said anything since Old Hack's intro. :/
    ASZ*---
    Freelance C/E

LinkedIn