Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Cover Page guidelines

practical experience, FTW

Cover Page guidelines

I'm trying to put together a cover page for my novel. Does anyone have any links to guidelines for that? I found the following online, do you all agree with it, or what? Thanks!

• Unagented:
      • Contact information Name and address, phone number and e-mail address in the top left corner of the page, single spaced, left-justified
      • Title centered, just above the middle of the page
      • by centered and one double-spaced line beneath the title
      • Name or pen name centered and one double-spaced line beneath the word by
      • Word count centered and rounded to the nearest thousand, one double-spaced line beneath your name or pen name

Professor of applied misanthropy Drachen Jager's Avatar
    Cassandra Marshall has a blog post on nearly every aspect of manuscript formatting (including cover pages).

http://www.camarshall.com/2011/01/ho...anuscript.html

Mentoring Myself and Others Debbie V's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I'm trying to put together a cover page for my novel. Does anyone have any links to guidelines for that? I found the following online, do you all agree with it, or what? Thanks!

• Unagented:
      • Contact information Name and address, phone number and e-mail address in the top left corner of the page, single spaced, left-justified
      • Word count centered and rounded to the nearest thousand, one double-spaced line beneath your name or pen name

This is pretty much what I do, except my word count is upper right and By is on the same line as my name.

You can look up this info in style manuals (Like the Chicago Manual of Style) at your library. I believe the styles vary, so anything that contains the needed info and looks professional should be fine.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin dawookie's Avatar
    Great website. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen Jager View Post
    Cassandra Marshall has a blog post on nearly every aspect of manuscript formatting (including cover pages).

http://www.camarshall.com/2011/01/ho...anuscript.html

practical experience, FTW
    ^^^
    Yeah I just used that link and it was quite helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post

• Unagented:
    The only thing I have ever seen different is "Name or Pen Name". You'd write something like "Jane ReAlname writing as Joan pen Name."

I've also seen to put word count in the upper right hand corner.

Anything a publisher/agent requests trumps anything you find online.
    "I drink and you use sex as a weapon. It seems to me that we have the perfect New England marriage." - Peter Griffin

@BrigidBarryAuth