Revise & Resubmit Hell

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
What fantastic news! I'm so excited for you!! :hooray::snoopy: Congratulations!

I'm holding up okay. I'm still on track to be finished with my revision by September. I finished the first rewrite draft at the end of July, so I'm going through now and tweaking, weaving in new plot elements that came up with the new scenes, etc. I've been very pleasantly surprised by just how much better the book has gotten, and I just hope the agent feels the same way once she gets it back.

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's just me in here now, but just for posterity I think this R&R is ready to go. Doing a little last minute dithering/panicking, so it will most likely go out tomorrow.

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Netz! It's away, so now the waiting (and obsessively refreshing email) begins!

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, if I could quit getting non-agent related emails in my inbox, that would be great.

diana86

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dianaurban.com
Can we revive this thread? :e2poke:

Nearly two months ago, I submitted my revised manuscript to a Big 5 publisher who requested an R&R. The editor had been very communicative with my agent up to that point, letting my agent know when she was reading, that she was getting 2nd reads, and about the R&R, all within two weeks. Before I resubmitted, we had a phone call that went really well, and she specifically asked me and my agent to send the revision with track changes so her colleagues could read the changes quickly.

Since then, silence. I don't know whether to take this as a good or bad sign... or any sign. Some people have reassured me that things probably slowed down since it's been conference season, but a bunch of my friends have received offers from pub houses within that timeframe, so it's not like all things have come to a grinding halt. And summer is just around the corner... blergh!

So for those of you who submitted R&Rs to editors (via an agent), how long did it take for you to hear back? And what was the end result?

avnelson

Registered
Reaction score
Reading these stories from over the past few years really gives me heart. I have two revised manuscripts out with two amazing agents who both asked for many of the same revisions (added 30K words and more exposition, characterization, streamlined into adult from YA, the works) and it took me about four months to make the revisions. Now I'm waiting and constantly checking my email only to find Groupon discounts and leftover emails from college clubs, which I graduated two years ago. I'm excited but I'm dying of anticipation and nerves! I know there's no guarantee of an offer and that it's still quite early in the waiting game but it's nice to know that others have gone through the same exact thing. But above all, my manuscript is so much better now, so much healthier and robust, and the damn best thing I've ever written, so with that, I can be proud.