Snopes

narmowen

Lost in the woods
Registered
Reaction score
A person from the Snopes.com messageboards. :)

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I heard that when you sign up for the Snopes message board, they send you some perfume, but when you smell it you lose consciousness, and then they steal your kidney as part of a gang initiation.

AnneGlynn

If you don't try, you can't fail
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneglynn.com
I heard that when you sign up for the Snopes message board, they send you some perfume, but when you smell it you lose consciousness, and then they steal your kidney as part of a gang initiation.

Totally true. I know this because it happened to a friend of a friend and she's absolutely reliable.

ThunderBoots

Back with new name, no dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I just got an e-mail forwarded to me about that from someone ... with the subject line written in ALL CAPS with lots of exclamation points!!!!

AnnikaHTDC

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker on the Snopes forums but never posted. I was always scared of saying something that would warrant the use of the emoticon of a smiley being hit with a fish.

narmowen

Lost in the woods
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker on the Snopes forums but never posted. I was always scared of saying something that would warrant the use of the emoticon of a smiley being hit with a fish.

Being "fished" isn't a bad thing! :) Neither is being spanked, or YOMANKED. NFBSKing, I've heard, though, can be interesting! :)

I've been a member since 01...name over there is Morrigan, though!

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
I just fact check there when someone says they heard such-n-such. Albeit, they got me pretty good; they had a whole fake article on Mr. Ed being a zebra and dumbass me bought it.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Snopes is good. Reminds me of The Onion and even Hoax-Slayer. I'm going off on a tangent now: I often refer to Urban Dictionary, and I find reddit, esp. IAmA, weirdly facinating. For example:

I am Dan Harmon, creator of Community, writer of Monster House, and Executive Producer of the upcoming Charlie Kaufman Stop Motion Animated feature Anomalisa, ask me anything! (self.IAmA)
submitted 20 hours ago* by danharmon

Who the hell is Jeff always texting????!!!!

I'm afraid that question is out of my hands now!!!

Holy shit, this exists.

Always wondered - how was the placement of the 7 study group members at the table decided? Did the actors pick their characters' own seats?

As a fan, I know that Pierce and Troy were paired because the original intention was that they'd be the comedic duo. I think Dan referred to them as a Beavis and Butthead-like pair in his head. . .

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

False.

Snopes has never sent perfume. It's Hoppe's No. 9 gunpowder solvent and just allows you to relax.

It's never been both kidneys, and most donors go on to lead normal, productive lives.

The so-called gang is the Oakland Raiders, and all proceeds from harvested organs are used to raise bail for players during regular season.

Manual only partied with Prince Harry and isn't really royal.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
They pumped Rod Stewart's stomach and found several pints of Hoppe's No. 9 gunpowder solvent.

Totally true.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Snopes has a message board?? I have to go check it out right now.