• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency/Packager] Stonesong

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to query Emmanuelle Morgen but the fact the agency also publishes books made me pause.
/

It's good to pause, but lots of agencies are doing that nowadays. They have solid sales to top publishers. I think it looks like a great agency.

MKrys

Quietly obsessing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michelle-krys.blogspot.com
This is my friend's agent. Emmanuelle just scored her a 2-book deal with a mid six figure advance. She also sold the movie rights to Fox 2000. So I'd say she's pretty legit!

Paula

Registered
Reaction score
Recent experiences with Stonesong

Does anybody have any recent experience working with them?
They seem to be mainly focused on non-fiction.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
I sent an email query to Emmanuelle Morgen this morning for a historical fiction. I got their autoreply email, so now I wait. I'll be sure to post back though when I receive a response.
Bryan

FCameron

Registered
Reaction score
Website
definingyourhome.blogspot.com
I sent an email query to Emmanuelle Morgen this morning for a historical fiction. I got their autoreply email, so now I wait. I'll be sure to post back though when I receive a response.
Bryan

I submitted and didn't receive the autoreply email, so I don't know Emmanuelle got the query. Should I wait a week and try again? Given the recent Hurricane Sandy, it could be a technical glitch. Hmmm.... ideas?

Thanks.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I queried on May 31 and never got a response. I just realized that I should have received an auto-reply but never did. So, FCameron, I have no idea how to answer you! I'm curious myself.

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Emanuelle on 10/16, received a full request today.

Last edited:

object of my charm

Registered
Reaction score
stats

I sent a query to Emmanuelle four weeks ago and received a request for a full today. Happy, but not overly thrilled. I've had lots of requests for fulls but no offers of representation. I'm considering changing novel from third person to first...

Funaek

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a query to Emmanuelle today but didn't receive the autoreply. Does that mean it got eaten by their spam filter and I should resend?

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query to Emmanuelle four weeks ago and received a request for a full today. Happy, but not overly thrilled. I've had lots of requests for fulls but no offers of representation. I'm considering changing novel from third person to first...

If she rejects, she might give you useful feedback; that's what happened with me. You could also offer your book to beta readers if you haven't already and see if they think a POV switch would help.

community chest

Registered
Reaction score
I often wonder about that POV stuff. It's worth remembering that Dostoevsky first considered doing CRIME AND PUNISHMENT in first, but changed it to third early on because he wanted a certain distance between himself and Raskalnikov ...

DeannaR

Registered
Reaction score
Stonesong Literary

http://stonesong.com/

I apologize if there is already a thread on this one. I did a search but couldn't find one.

Wondering if anyone has knowledge on this agency. One of my go to background checks (pred-ed) is down :'(

Thanks!
D

DeannaR

Registered
Reaction score
.... what did you search for?? Thanks :)

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
It didn't come up in the search, but I just went to this index thread.

Though it does come up if you use the Google search bar at the bottom of the page.