• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] WordWise Media Services

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Apparently she's since changed her submission guidelines to allow a week after her offer. Someone must have gotten to her, possibly someone at her agency? Or maybe she did a little research. Who knows.

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
The damning part about all of this is that newbie writers looking to query are probably not aware of all this. It'll die out in a couple of months and they'll be cluelessly querying her. Hopefully they'll have the good sense to come to AW and search. The web doesn't seem to offer any links to what happened.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
The author who initiated the interaction has posted a blog entry about it here. It's got a wealth of good advice, most of which I've heard from Janet Reid at one point or another. Still, I'm frequently surprised at how little "homework" some writers do before querying. And when I say little, I mean none. :)

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
What a brave Author Margarita is to comment about this on twitter, then on her blog! She has likely saved a few new writers, at least those that do listen and do research. This Agent has self published a few books and worked at her own review/blog/on-line magazine. Not credentials to be someone's agent. Thanks for sharing the link to her blog ElaineA.