I can't get in!! [OK now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delvianna01

Registered
Reaction score
D: !! I can't get in! I tried the suggested link but what usually pops up asking for my name etc isn't there. Nothing comes up actually its just a white page that says "star chatrooms" in big letters and the smiley faces at the top but nothing else. Does that mean I was banned? I'm so confused!

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you can, try opening the link as a new window. Or try using it in a different browser. That won't solve this problem but might get you in.

Deleted member 42

Make sure you have Java installed; sometimes the browser prefs are odd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, Peter just told me to tell you to clean your cookies. I'm assuming that means delete them. Probably logging out and back in couldn't hurt.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Delvianna, you aren't banned. If you've been using the java link (provided elsewhere here in this forum), there could be a glitch in your java app, as Medievalist suggests. You might have to remove Java from your computer and reinstall it. Also, you could visit StarChat.net and browse around there for hints to solve connection problems.

But the best and most reliable method for visiting our chat room is to obtain a true IRC client, such as mIRC, PIRCH, IceChat, Chatzilla, or the like. Some are completely free, others charge a small one-time registration fee. I use mIRC and have no problems gaining access to the chat room. You can download StarPIRCH from Starchat.net and that almost guarantees you'll have no trouble entering chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.