Auxesis April 500 words/day-all genres welcome

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I was busy dodging tornadoes yesterday so I didn't really get much done, but I'm sitting down with the notebook now and typing up what I've already written and aiming for more. :) Have a lot to accomplish, but in the mood to accomplish it so it's good.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I was busy dodging tornadoes yesterday so I didn't really get much done, but I'm sitting down with the notebook now and typing up what I've already written and aiming for more. :) Have a lot to accomplish, but in the mood to accomplish it so it's good.

Glad to hear you were able to dodge the tornadoes, scary stuff these past couple of weeks. Good to hear that you're getting some writing done.

No more words typed into the WIP for me, but I did get some plotting done on the next two chapters. Kelli got a big surprise today! :D

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Well, essay grading took longer than anticipated, but I did manage to get my notebook writing typed up, so my word count now reflects that. Woohoo!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Glad you're okay, Kaitie.:Hug2:

Did a bit of writing over the weekend, but mostly focused on plotting. Hope to get some words down today.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Wonder, I saw that on FB. Hilarious!

Nudge away! Keep us posted...

I'm editing today. 142 pages so far (this is like my 50th pass through this ms and I'm still finding things). Stuck at home with a sick kiddo (who's watching TV and playing games on the iPad. Ah to be sick).

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote five paragraphs! :partyguy: (It was looking like zero so I'm very happy with five.)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Like kaitie, I was bracing for the storms
but wrote one hundred words of utter sin.
So tell me, would ya nudge an agent when
she posted this on Facebook yesterday?

(Not her page.)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0550240229634.395701.691974633&type=1&theater

At least I know she laughs about all this. ;)

Very funny, Lucie, thanks for sharing.

No words for me again. Had intended to write last night, but felt a little under the weather and, unlike HJ little darling, neither the TV nor my Playbook could entice me out to play.:D

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Broke throught the first 1000 words of New Book today - yayyy!! I know it doesn't work out at 500 per day, but I edit as I go, so - hey!! progress!!! :hooray:

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Just typed up my words from yesterday and have an official count: 407. Working on new stuff now. :)

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
Good wordage everyone. Not sure how many words I've added because I'm also editing the first chapter again to re-align it. So, I guess I'm going sideways right now.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Good wordage everyone. Not sure how many words I've added because I'm also editing the first chapter again to re-align it. So, I guess I'm going sideways right now.

Sideways is better than backways. :tongue

Few words for me today, something like 50 or so. Working on a new scene and it's slow going. Kelli is with the new DEA Agent in Medellin, Colombia. I have the research done, it's just working out the details. :(

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

Good writing session this morning - 1,155 words. Time to go to work now.

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Joining in late and hoping to kickstart April's word count -- so far only 3 000 words this month on fiction because i did a non-fiction article and got carried away with research for that.

Did 500 words this morning.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, mccardey, are you in France? Yay for progress, either way!

Funny you should ask, Jude. I am, in fact, in France. However did you know? Could it have been something I said - once or twice - just en passant? ;)

As it turns out, it's perfectly possible to write in France. Who would have guessed?

Just about to start on my 500 words for today. Wish me luck!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Joining in late and hoping to kickstart April's word count -- so far only 3 000 words this month on fiction because i did a non-fiction article and got carried away with research for that.

Did 500 words this morning.

:welcome: to the thread. :)

Funny you should ask, Jude. I am, in fact, in France. However did you know? Could it have been something I said - once or twice - just en passant? ;)

As it turns out, it's perfectly possible to write in France. Who would have guessed?

I don't remember you mentioning it. I must be psychic. :)

Srsly, I didn't think you'd have internet, so it's nice to see you here!

*luck*

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Thanks for the welcome, Jude.

mccardey, why the hell are you writing instead of test-driving croissants or looking at statues of Victor Hugo?

Envy? Moi? Never.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Great news that you have internet, Mccardey. How are you enjoying France?

375 words so far, but I am determined to get a lot more done before the day is over. I've got a lot of torturing to do.:D