Auxesis April 500 words/day-all genres welcome

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
although I have consumed large quantities of chocolate so it's not all bad.:D

I finished off my last Lindt bunny today. :-( so long good chocolate for now... until we meet again next year.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Fins, you would fit right in with the Life of Crime and Chocolate crowd. :)

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

Great writing session this morning - 1,390 words. Wish I could keep going, but unfortunately I have to go to work....

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote some words last night. They weren't that impressive. I think I'll kill them later. :e2chain: :e2dance:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finished off my last Lindt bunny today. :-( so long good chocolate for now... until we meet again next year.

Commiserates.:Hug2: and sends a virtual care package of chocolate Fin's way.

Alas no words so far today. I have one character stuck in a secret passageway and I intend to torture her a little before I let her out.:evil

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
3000 words of anger streamed through keys
of plastic hot from friction, speed and rage.
By writing I can turn around my mood
And save the world from facing my bad day--

Cause it isn't anymore. Thank you, person-who-inspired my best writing day in a while. :Sun:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Great wordage everyone!

What kind of torture, Muse? How about bamboo slivers under her fingernails? :evil

Not a great writing day, but the first new words in two days, so I'll take them. Total of 837 and the end of a hard scene. (More dialog!) Almost through this chapter!!! :D

Total on the WIP as of today, 48685 words!!!!:hooray: Less than 32K to go!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
3000 words of anger streamed through keys
of plastic hot from friction, speed and rage.
By writing I can turn around my mood
And save the world from facing my bad day--

Cause it isn't anymore. Thank you, person-who-inspired my best writing day in a while. :Sun:

Woohoo! That's some good (and scary) writing, right there in that post!

Ken, we can do better than the bamboo. I'm talking withholding chocolate here...

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:eek: Wasting time? You're clicking around the internet. How is that wasting time?!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
That's what I thought, but then something niggled in my head. It went like this: "You should eat dinner. No, chocolate is not dinder. (<- Cannot fix. Keeps wanting to be "dinder.")" It also says, "All these words do not count for manuscript. CHEATER." Is wrong?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I bet if you copy and paste them into the manuscript file they'll count. That's how it works, isn't it? Otherwise I'm going to have to revise my count significantly :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Namatu, I don't want to alarm you, but you do realize you're hearing voices, right? Not that there's anything wrong with hearing voices--it's a prerequisite to being a writer--but this voice is scaring me.

"Chocolate is not dinner?" WTF?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Just occurred to me that we're derailing pretty badly, which is why I created the Life of Crime and Chocolate thread. A good mod would split off these derail-ey posts into that thread.

Wow, we ought to get a good mod around here.

My further apologies to those of you getting silly emails from me. I'm slap-happy exhausted. Good night! :)

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com

I beg to disagree. Every dish in this meal, created by Emeril himself, has "a hint, a dusting, a spoon or a dollop of chocolate. From the Chocolate dusted scallops to the chocolate dessert."

My Dear Mod, you can excommunicate me if you wish. I was going to report another 400 words, but they aren't edible and thus not as much fun.

Last edited:

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
182 words. Almost all of them suck.
But I tried. :)

Hmmm.... sounds like my kind of day. about 250 words, all filling in description of a part I'd skipped over before.

I'm having a need-chocolate day and all I have are dill pickles. But at least my goaties tried to cheer me up when I went out today. I think they're clown posessed right now because the temperatures turned cold again.

So, I'm giving up. Muse, I hope your torture works out :)

{Katie @ namatu} I bet if you copy and paste them into the manuscript file they'll count. That's how it works, isn't it? Otherwise I'm going to have to revise my count significantly :D
They count for Publish America don't they?

THAT'S IT, I have to leave. Writing is totally blocked... body is being drawn into the kitchen by visions of chocolate pizza, vanilla butter sauce... there has to be something chocolate-y in there... don't I still have that exlax stuff?

good thing I'm not trying to write a cook book... I'd have to wire my computer into the refrigerator to get anything done!

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, I'll get this thread back on track.

I had a so-so writing session with 710 words. I managed to finish off a scene and am unsure where I want to go next. :Shrug:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Doc, for getting us back on track. :)

Okay, everyone, back to it! :whip: Today I will get 500 words, no matter how much they suck.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I beg to disagree. Every dish in this meal, created by Emeril himself, has "a hint, a dusting, a spoon or a dollop of chocolate. From the Chocolate dusted scallops to the chocolate dessert."

My Dear Mod, you can excommunicate me if you wish. I was going to report another 400 words, but they aren't edible and thus not as much fun.

In addition to my rep, I'd like to point out that this post isn't in iambic pentameter. ::shakes head sadly::

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Namatu, I don't want to alarm you, but you do realize you're hearing voices, right? Not that there's anything wrong with hearing voices--it's a prerequisite to being a writer--but this voice is scaring me.

:roll:

I think we did a good job of keeping it on topic. I submit as evidence:

"All these words do not count for manuscript. CHEATER."
Proof of topic on daily writing habits and word counts.

I bet if you copy and paste them into the manuscript file they'll count. That's how it works, isn't it? Otherwise I'm going to have to revise my count significantly :D
Proof of discussion on writing tactics and word count subterfuge (I have uncovered kaitie's plot!).

All good!

And now for serious business :D: I've thrown out the crap from the day before and written about two pages, hard copy, that do not suck. Onward with forward momentum!