Auxesis April 500 words/day-all genres welcome

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about the word loss, Mccardey.:Hug2: So easy done.

Way to go, Knightrunnermat!:Clap: And to everyone else who managed some wordage (and those who had snow days.)

1756 words for me today. I refused to switch on the Internet until I'd completed a scene - don't think I've ever typed as fast.:D

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
Thank you! I was on fire yesterday because I am so excited about this new story I am writing. I have been taking notes like crazy. I'm coming up with ideas too fast to actually write them down in novel format, so even though I got over 3k words written yesterday, I am still spending more time taking notes.

I've never had a story come to me like this so completely. Usually I can write one or two good scenes and the rest is garbage. It's really exciting and it is yet one more reason why I love this line of business!

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I was on fire yesterday because I am so excited about this new story I am writing. I have been taking notes like crazy. I'm coming up with ideas too fast to actually write them down in novel format, so even though I got over 3k words written yesterday, I am still spending more time taking notes.

I've never had a story come to me like this so completely. Usually I can write one or two good scenes and the rest is garbage. It's really exciting and it is yet one more reason why I love this line of business!

It's a great feeling, isn't it? Don't worry about getting the format right, just get the words down. They can be sorted later.

1776 words yesterday. My first new words in a week. Feels good.

Hopefully, the dry spell is over, Logan. Great word count.:hooray:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Impressed by rockin' counts around here. Muse,
Knighrunnermat plus Shara, Logan, Shakes--
Please bear in mind I'm plotting Act 2's ruse.
But artful words of narrative are scarce.

375 words (if you count the plotting).

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
307 for me yesterday. Poised for more, but the boy child came home with the stomach flu. It was a busy night...

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Sat up in bed with a cup of coffee and scribbled 760 words in my notebook. If I can decipher my caffeine-speed-wobble handwriting, I may have the next chapter started.

Good going to all those on a writing roll!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Only about 142 for me, some of which was from an earlier draft, but my excuse is I'm packing for France, leaving tomorrow, and also a friend has bet me that I won't go to this convention in costume, that I wouldn't have the nerve. So I've spent the last two nights cobbling together a costume. ;)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get anything done yesterday, and not even for any particularly good reason. Tonight will be better. :)

Oh yeah, I did do more research. Does that count?

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, finally finished a big fight scene with 893 words.

I'm coming on strong toward the end of the month. With another 3600 words, I can reach one of my goals of 15k words for the month. :)

Though it doesn't look like I'll actually finish with this WIP as I'd planned.

In retrospect, I was probably about 10k short of my predictions for an ending word count for this draft.

At least I have a better idea of that now than I did a month ago. I actually know how the story is going to end now. :D

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hoping to get a few words in during the flight to Toulouse, which I'm now heading off to catch! (Other than that, nothing last night).

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
Had another super-productive day yesterday, at least from the novel's viewpoint. 2,968 words yesterday. I am almost at the 10 K mark and I've only been working on it for four days. This might be the fastest written novel ever.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Spent half the day with Mr Plumber, rapt
Attention paid to all our leaky cracks.
Today new puddles graced the hallway floor.
So Mr. Plumber's coming back for more.

No words but loads of working plumber traits.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only about 142 for me, some of which was from an earlier draft, but my excuse is I'm packing for France, leaving tomorrow, and also a friend has bet me that I won't go to this convention in costume, that I wouldn't have the nerve. So I've spent the last two nights cobbling together a costume. ;)

Hope you have a great time in France, Zelenka. Post some pictures of your costume if you get the chance.

216 words today. I've been struggling with a scene, but I think I've finally figured it out, which means I should have more words tomorrow.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
Recovered from a massive stage of Writer's Block yesterday. Wrote about 1000 words.

Edit: Add about 400 for today.

Last edited:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing yesterday, and it's unlikely today as well, but I'm thinking.