Auxesis April 500 words/day-all genres welcome

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
McCardey's dream becomes reality!
Marya joins us, wisecracks welcome here.
The muse is plotting torture scenes with ease.
While Shara's early session wins the count.
An av'rage day? No way. This one's a peach.

(But I couldn't get 487 into iambic pentameter--yes, I know I need to squeeze in 13 more words today. Does this post count?)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
You must have missed her previous posts about it being a small town and not having reliable internet, Doc. :) That's what you get for not frequenting Office Party.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Working on the WIP. 525 words so far today. Kelli is getting in deep. She's down in Medellin with Larsen, the new DEA Agent and his team. It may get ugly.

ETA: 712 total today. (So far.) :D

Last edited:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
You must have missed her previous posts about it being a small town and not having reliable internet, Doc. :) That's what you get for not frequenting Office Party.

In my defense, I do live in a third world country: West Virginia.

So I don't always have reliable internet to keep up with all these posts. :tongue

That, and all those DMCA warnings...

Oh yeah, I guess I should ETA that I wrote 828 words today. Still moving along...

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're very clever, Activist ;)

I got some wordage done today ) not 500, alas. And the internet thing isn't a French thing, Doc - it's just this house or perhaps this village. It's intermittent, and slow but it's here. Mostly.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a bit yesterday after all. Possibly a whole eight paragraphs this time. It may have to carry me through today as well, as I have to be sociable tonight.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I wrote a bit yesterday after all. Possibly a whole eight paragraphs this time. It may have to carry me through today as well, as I have to be sociable tonight.

Sociable? What's that? :tongue I want to see eight more paragraphs out of you before you go being all "sociable". :whip:

867 for me. (Plus I have one for the LOD!)

That puts the WIP at 50970!!! :snoopy:

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Wrote 1 600 words, something of a rats' nest. But tomorrow I shall untangle it.

Out here in the mountains of the Overberg, it is genuine Third World. Nothing but Internet, cell phones and Monsanto GM rapeseed.

Thanks for the poetic welcome, wonderactivist

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
1,027 today, but a lot of that was stuff in ALL CAPS, just describing what happens in the scene so I can write it later when I have a clue how to write it. Right now the struggle is just to leave it alone and move on. My inner editor is being particularly annoying today.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a clever little bunch of vegemites! I did a paltry couple of hundred words today, but I got a good overview of where I am, and tomorrow I'm going back for a bit of a tighten of the first 1,000 or so words. It's a slow way to write, but the only way I know...

Re: internet problems - it seems to work downstairs ok now (we've had someone come in to fix it) - but it doesn't work upstairs. Is that possible? If anyone knows, could they pm me with the answer? - not wanting to derail the thread...

Last edited:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
A little over 500 yesterday. Today's one of my busy days (so was yesterday and it wasn't supposed to be. Yuck!), but I'm going to do my best to get a lot of words in. I'm aiming for 500 to be the minimum today rather than the max. :)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A little over 500 yesterday. Today's one of my busy days (so was yesterday and it wasn't supposed to be. Yuck!), but I'm going to do my best to get a lot of words in. I'm aiming for 500 to be the minimum today rather than the max. :)

Go, you!!!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm sorry, but I felt a need to write a longer pentameter today. It carried my feelings.
Today is bliss for me, while mothers grieve.
It's twenty years since Carl and I got hitched,
but seventeen since hate killed innocence.
And I would give my bliss to soothe one mom
of children killed by Timothy's Mc-bomb.

So writers dip your pens in awful truth,
For fiction rips apart the veil of crime
to show the motivations ... sick, sublime.
And we can help the world to understand
what interactions lead a killer's hand.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, great poem, Wonder. *stands back in awe*

I uh...have 757 so far. Hopefully more coming later. I can't really top Wonder's post, though, so I'm leaving it at that.

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
Wonderer -- Wow.

No new stuff since last post. I'm still squishy headed :-(

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, y'all. I'm no poet, but had one strong feeling to express. Poetry, good or bad, is great for that. I spent the day with my hubby and kids -- walk in the park, dinner out and some great wine. Didn't write other than my iambic pentameter. But life counts. ;) Lucie

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the Anniversary, Lucie - great poem.

1340 words for me over two days - no torturing, alas, but the scenes are shaping up nicely.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
It was a real struggle getting out of bed this morning for my early-morning writing session.

But I have managed 1,352 words.

Perhaps there is something to be said for tapping into the creativity of the half-awake brain.

In any case, I feel satisfied that I've started the day with some productive writing. Off to the day job now.

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
Useless unproductive morning thinking about liberal nuns and the Vatican, Titanic obsessions, my love-hate relationship with Bircher muesli and why I can't write in iambic pentameter even if I count syllables on my fingers.

One sentence, so far, 22 words.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice, wonder!

I finished a run-through of the old ms yesterday and I've got a list of things to do for improvement. Some easy (where exactly did that truck come from? Magic?), some not so much.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One sentence, so far, 22 words.

22 words is my kind of writing :) Don't fret, Pet - they do add up. Slowly.

As of this very moment, I've just finished my first week of wordage on New Book and I'm thrilled to tiny pieces. It's Friday, so as per the plan, I used today's two hours to go back and tighten and structure the work that I've done since Monday (yes, yes, it's a slow way to work, but what can you do?) and I finished with a daily haul of minus 354 words - 1356 in total. Which is just exactly the way it should go, the way it went last time with Old Book. And if nothing else it should make Marya feel a whole lot better about plus 22. Go, Marya!!! :hooray:

It's going to be a nice little book, this new one of mine. You heard it here first ;)