• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Retailer] All Romance eBooks, LLC / OmniLit

JasonWrites84

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm really hoping this is just one more Amazon weirdness, coming at a bad time. The connection to ARe seems really tenuous, to me...

I hope.

This is legit f-ckery. Hands down. Lori James is setting herself up with so much legal baggage it's going to be quite the implosion when things are all said and done.

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE: CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED

A class action suit has been filed in the Circuit Court of Pinellas County, Florida, against All Romance E-Books, LLC and its principal Lori James. There's more information in this report on Digital Reader, including a press release from the filing law firm.

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
You can view the court docket and download the Complaint here. (If that link doesn't work, you can go to the Pinellas County Clerk's webpage, click on "Public Services," then "Court Records Public View," then "Civil Family Case Records" and search for Lori James.)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
IANAL, but I'm pretty sure consumers (readers) could not be put in the same class as suppliers (authors and publishers).

Given that it was an online retailer, consumers might be able to take the matter up with the service that they made payment through - either a credit card or Paypal, I'd imagine. They could dispute the charges since the product was paid for but never delivered. (However, each customer would have to pursue a refund/reversal of charge individually.)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
With Paypal I think you have up to six months to claim a refund. And it's very easy.

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
Updates on Class Action Lawsuit

For anyone interested in the progress of the class action suit filed against All Romance E-Books LLC and Lori James, you can keep up with it here (link to court document filings in Pinellas County, Florida. Most recent updates were made on 6 March, 2017.