New Idea for a Pagan writing prompt!!

KatieJ

I think I'm back....
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all, I was thinking about pagan writing prompts today, and I had an idea....

How about we pull three tarot cards or a rune, and make a story based on those oracles?

Like High Priestess, Two of Wands and Judgement = I would interpret as = Hidden Influences, realization of a dream coming from a distance, handle karmic issues correctly or pay the price.

I know we probably use different oracles, but I thought it might be fun. What do you think?

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I don't do prompts that much, but do I use crystals in meditation a lot. Sounds like a cool idea!

KatieJ

I think I'm back....
Registered
Reaction score
Well, how shall we do it? Would it work if I pulled some cards for everyone to use - the same cards but with everyone getting different stories from them? Or should everyone use their own oracles, cards, crystals, runes - and see what we come up with? And, can we get some other pagans to join in?

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not generally much for writing prompts (I have a backlog of ideas to write anyway), but this sounds interesting.

It would work for me to have someone else pull the cards (then I'd pull the same from my deck and see what impression I got from them). I could just pull my own too, but it might be more interesting to see how different each of our impressions were from the same three cards.

Spy_on_the_Inside

Registered
Reaction score
I just read an article by an agent that said the best way to get a novel deal is by selling a bunch of short stuff first and making a reputation for yourself. And I think this prompt will be perfect for give me ideas.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
^That's rubbish--novels and shorts are two very different animals, even if some agents refuse to see it otherwise. But I agree that the prompt idea is a good one.