SEO basics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 42

You research phrases that people may search to find your book inside Amazon, not on an outside search engine. For example: epic fantasy novels featuring young heroes.

The use of those phrases both in the 7 keywords that Amazon allows you and in your description moves your book higher up the list of books returned when people search those keywords.

Brian

It's still a search engine, it's just localized.

Do you buy books this way?

Do you know anyone who searches for keywords in order to buy books? Other than the metadata you provide Amazon when you create a listing--that is, genre, author, etc.

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
Okay.

The author referred to the technique as SEO, though. Hence why I thought it would be appropriate in this thread.

This forum is intended for questions about writing for web-based content sites that are primarily found through search, as opposed to online newspapers and magazines that build up their own audience.

Your best bet is the book marketing or self publishing forums. Or perhaps check into some of the forums on Amazon. I know there is an active community of writers there.

BWFoster78

Registered
Reaction score
It's still a search engine, it's just localized.

Do you buy books this way?

Do you know anyone who searches for keywords in order to buy books? Other than the metadata you provide Amazon when you create a listing--that is, genre, author, etc.

Actually, I have searched for books on fantasy in this manner.

There are particular niches that I like, and I use a variety of methods to find them.

I think, overall, the method makes a lot more sense for nonfiction, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with trying it.

I don't think it makes sense to make it your primary strategy, but it certainly doesn't seem like it would hurt.

BWFoster78

Registered
Reaction score
This forum is intended for questions about writing for web-based content sites that are primarily found through search, as opposed to online newspapers and magazines that build up their own audience.

Your best bet is the book marketing or self publishing forums. Or perhaps check into some of the forums on Amazon. I know there is an active community of writers there.

Thanks.

Dazopaul

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
SEO from a composing viewpoint has become rather easy. It depends upon choosing a keyword and key term and using that term in your meta headline, headline and the first passage of your content. After that, the best SEO is not to fear about it. Search engines is breaking down on keyword and key term filling and 'overly optimized' material, but the number one SEO tip -- composing high excellent material -- continues to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.