If I didn't know it was real...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisB

Banned
Reaction score
I would swear the "hub" writing sites were a joke. 2 cents a word for 500-word articles? That's $10. 3 cents if you're a level-four?
Oh, yeah, you can make money if you write 20 a day, say those who claim to be making money at these things.

I guess on Hubpages, you can make a little more, if you get thousands of hits.
But I read five (or at least looked at them). Three were filled with grammatical and spelling errors and one I honestly couldn't understand (and all it was was a short essay on the pros and cons of filling your gas tank before you return a rental car).

Three were so long they induced MEGO (my eyes glaze over), and the last one was just a series of reproduced signs and charts (under the headline: Tips for Keeping Your Teenage Driver Safe. It had received NO hits. Wonder.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
The real money to be made through Hub sites is via the advertising through teh affiliates. So, they key is to write articles based on things that folk search for a lot - think of the sort of questions that folks put into Google, for example. Then write maybe a how-to article on the popular question, this will generate more hits for your articles and increase your potential revenue.

I agree that it can be a daunting and long process, but I do know a couple of folks IRL who are making in the region of £500 a month from hub sites, I think that's around $8-9oo

contrariwise

The hours passing
Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to just write that article on your own blog? What is the advantage of writing the article on a hub site?

contrariwise

The hours passing
Registered
Reaction score
I was operating under the assumption that advertising/affiliate revenue on your own blog was more profitable, since you get to keep all of it yourself. Also, that having your own blog gives you loyal readers which is a valuable asset. I'm under the impression that the main reason people use those hub pages is just to drive traffic to their own blog, where the real money is made.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

boron

Health writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.healthhype.com
Wouldn't it be better to just write that article on your own blog? What is the advantage of writing the article on a hub site?

People often write on Hubpages and related sites to get free backlinks to articles on their own websites with the aim to rank better in Google... On "SEO forums" you can hire people to do that for you...

spottedowl

Registered
Reaction score

The reason is that search engines such as google "prefer" to index pages that have good keywords and good backlinks. So although your personal blog may not be able to be on the front page of a search engine, if you write a keyword targeted article - submit it to one of these hubs - and include a link back to your own blog or website, THEN google "likes" it and it has a better chance of getting on the first page of search results. The key thing here is the keywords - which is something that you really have to research and know what you're doing in order to use the most optimal keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.