Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think guys spend more time focusing on other features, like points.

I keep mine short. Sometimes I put clear coat on them, but usually they're au natural.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, changing the subject before I actually do get slapped . . .

It's been a beautiful day here today. Almost too warm; currently 86.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
oh, ok, kazy, I kinda do like that lil guy :D and I lurve Pillsbury products :)

Hope y'all have a great night! :Cake:s

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hai. If I tell the insurance company that I hate me life, d'you think they'll give me a new one?

And..wtf? AC talking about nails and nailpolish?..

Ah, right. This place isn't/aren't getting weirder by the day at all. :)

I'm going to bed. Night.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bite mine. Munch, munch.

I think I may try my hand a sort of mexican/tortilla inspired soup tonight. Fingernails not included.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Enchiladas! With homemade enchilada sauce. And cheese, lots of cheese.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bite mine. Munch, munch.

I think I may try my hand a sort of mexican/tortilla inspired soup tonight. Fingernails not included.

I have an ex sister-in-law who, um, kept a rather sloppy (see the show Hoarders for example) house. One year she brought a pie for Christmas dinner. We were always a little leary of eating things she brought, but my dad (the only one who never saw their house because he was a friggin' recluse) gave it a shot. He was about two bites in when he spit out an acrylic fingernail. After that, her dishes went untouched at family gatherings, which made me feel kind of sorry for her.

(But not sorry enough to risk food poisoning.)

(She was a rather nice person, though.)

(Except for when she wasn't.)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
roasted asparagus topped with parmesan cheese and softly scrambled eggs. Sounds odd, but it's actually a fantastic combination.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Warmed-up leftovers. Shephard pie is actually one of those things that may be better the second time!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
I have an ex sister-in-law who, um, kept a rather sloppy (see the show Hoarders for example) house. One year she brought a pie for Christmas dinner. We were always a little leary of eating things she brought, but my dad (the only one who never saw their house because he was a friggin' recluse) gave it a shot. He was about two bites in when he spit out an acrylic fingernail. After that, her dishes went untouched at family gatherings, which made me feel kind of sorry for her.

(But not sorry enough to risk food poisoning.)

(She was a rather nice person, though.)

(Except for when she wasn't.)

That's gotta be better than biting into a burger and a having a band-aid dangle from your mouth!

Ewwwwwyyyyy!!! True story---If I had been the suing kind, I'da been a rich girl!!

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
UGH. No more gross food stories.

Fingernails: Mine are moderately long, scrupulously clean and neatly done with polish. My favorite is a french manicure. Ditto my toes.
So there. :guns:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I like long nails. I generally have the longest nails in my family. Except when one breaks - then they all get cut.

And I have been known to wear black nail polish on occasion.

I love the stranger colours, like green or blue or something, on a woman's nails.

Michael Myers

Take a chance. Amaze yourself.
Registered
Reaction score
In the carpenter's shop eating oysters with the wa
Website
www.dancerandspy.com

So how long have you been living at the P.O.?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I like to have a short french manicure. I used to do my own nails. I bite them if I don't have fake ones... sigh... but it got to be too much. Now that I have room in the budget, I might go back to doing them again. I miss them.

I'm having a very good frozen pepperoni pizza - it's the kind our store makes themselves, you just take it home and cook it. They put lots of herbs and spices.

Things are feeling a little more homey. I know where the Walmart, the Lucky Store, and the Food Maxx is now. All on the way to work - which is great, as gas is so freaking expensive, I won't be making trips anywhere unless it's on the way to and from work!! I was not expecting how much gas I would need. Oh well.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a germaphobe and I have moderately long nails...until I break one off on a mailbox. :)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I like to have a short french manicure.

I like those!

I have very white nail tips and very pink nail beds. If they're well buffed or I have a coat of clear on them, it almost looks like a french manicure. I'm so clumsy I'd just chip a manicure in the first ten minutes, anyway, so all in all I'm better leaving off the polish and going with ma nature.

I'm still giggling at AC's idea of someone painting little pictures of Jesus on her nails. It's a scary thought. But I'm sure someone, somewhere has done it.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
I must admit my nails are a decent length, not short, but not overly long. I need them I telllzzz ya!! For rappin---ya know, rappin on the table, rabbin on the puter---it's the sound!

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still giggling at AC's idea of someone painting little pictures of Jesus on her nails. It's a scary thought. But I'm sure someone, somewhere has done it.

tumblr_lbm12aMPS71qdosz6.jpg

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Baked salmon, green beans, sourdough bread. NOM.

(And my kids will only eat as much salmon as I force them too, so I get NOM for lunch tomorrow too.)

P.S. Those Jesus nails are creepy.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of creepy, have a bad day? The avvie of yours is a little unsettling :D

Status
Not open for further replies.