AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Charity Guide

Sockpuppet

Charity Guide

Has anyone else written an article for this site? If so, have you had problems not hearing back from them by your approval deadline?

Troubled-Talks with animals. jdkiggins's Avatar
    The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and nowhere to go.
    Moving this to Bewares and Background checks.
    Joanne aka: writeafterdark
    PERSEVERANCE: TO PERSIST IN SPITE OF DIFFICULTIES ~jdk http://www.moondance.org/2001/winter...severance.html

I'm proud to say Perseverance was chosen to be part of Absolute Write's Katrina anthology, Stories of Strength.
    This essay has been published 47 times since it was written.

Poise--the art of raising an eyebrow instead of the roof.

Sockpuppet
    Well, I'm not sure there's anything to beware of yet, that's why I am here, trying to find out. It would actually probably be considered a content site. I hope moving my post doesn't exclude the responses I might have gotten in the freelance forum.
    Last edited by DeniseK; 12-24-2005 at 01:38 AM.

Michael Organ

CharityGuide.org Contact Information

I am the Executive Director of Charity Guide. In the unlikely event that you experience a responsiveness issue with a Charity Guide editor, you are welcome to contact me personally.

I can be reached at Organ@CharityGuide.org or 847-251-3370.

Please note that freelance writers seeking to publish "How to Make a Difference" articles at CharityGuide.org can express their interest by sending a resume and writing sample(s) to Recruiting@CharityGuide.org. This opportunity is appropriate for professional freelance writers who are happy to adopt our formulaic Writer Guidelines and adjust their writing style for high ranking with search engines.

We do review applications carefully. We respond when the writing sample(s) "fit" our "voice" and the candidate has a strong track-record of freelance writing experience.

Michael Organ
    Executive Director, CharityGuide.org

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah s
    Well, I'm not sure there's anything to beware of yet, that's why I am here, trying to find out.
    sarah, that's what the background check part of the B&BC board is for: information, good or bad. It's not just for warnings. Organizations with good reputations get reported here, too.

Best of luck to you!
    Winner of Uncle Jim's Whoo Hoo Super Writer Award and Nomad's Most Use of Vowels in a Screen Name Award as well as Maryn's Only Person on AW Whose Name Anagrams to "I, Octane," "Act I (One)" and "Nice tao" Award in addition to batgirl's Culpeper Award for Botanically Erudite Screen Name plus awatkins' AW's Most Creative Srounger [sic] of Rep Points Award not to mention azbikergirl's Arizona Most Awarded Writer Award and also Dawno's Most Interesting Signature Line Award

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Is still Charity Guide, but link is now: http://www.volunteerguide.org/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Unclear whether it closed or was acquired, but as of May '15 domain redirects to VolunteerMatch (http://www.volunteermatch.org/).
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: