April 2012 Blog Chain

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Ralph Pines is next. Let me know if more bumpage is needed.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for May that don't, you know, suck post them any time :D

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Back from Maui. I'll read and comment on all the blogs that came after mine this weekend.

Thank you everyone for your comments on mine.

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Joliedupre is next.

I like the idea of Memorial Day but that's a strictly American holiday. Our friends across the various ponds, if they celebrate one at all, do so on 11/11. I'd have to be sure that everyone was cool with that before putting it on the list.

SuzanneSeese

Comfortably numb by rejections
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.viewofsue.blogspot.com
I'm starting to think my Dead Bunny proposal was under appreciated. :sarcasm
So how about these:
Raindrops on roses
whiskers on kittens
bright copper kettles
warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings
Cream colored ponies
crisp apple strudels
door bells
sleigh bells
schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
silver white winters that melt into springs
:2angel:

Or:
Mothers Day / Mother-in-laws
The start of summer fun
Best childhood memory
Worst childhood memory
Ice cold beer
Family reunions
Vacations from hell
The Zombie Apocalypse
Were the Mayans right? < I know this one is a little early but it's just that Dick Clark is dead and there's nobody to count us down into 2013. It's kind of all falling into place. You probably don't want to be too far down on the blog chain list in December.:e2thud:

Orion, please tell me when you've had enough of me.:e2zipped:

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Mother's day is only in May for Americans... just a FYI :) We had it in March here...

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Mother's day is only in May for Americans... just a FYI :) We had it in March here...
Not so! Although there are major variations as to when people celebrate, the May date is used by Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Burma, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay, Vietnam, Venezuela, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

It's by far the most common date worldwide, which makes me a lot less edgy about it than Memorial Day.

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the dead bunnies theme. I was able to witness the deaths of 12 Playboy bunnies because of it. :p

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot to post a one-day reminder for Joliedupre, so she gets one now. Well, more like a 12-hour warning in this case.

Araenvo

Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.simonpclark.com
I'd vote against any date specific things since, whatever it is, it's going to mean more to certain nationalities.

Maypoles? I have to admit as a kid I danced a pretty good maypole in my infant school. I'm pretty sure there was even home made bonnets involved...

Therapy... I must... have... therapy...