Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Exporting Celtx play

Going on a mental vacation. Clueless's Avatar
    The Dark side of San Diego

Exporting Celtx play

So just started using Celtx for the first time; and while it was enjoyable and relatively easy to use, every time I try to export my script it's exported as a windows Notepad file. It loses all of its formatting and halfway through it turns to code. How could I fix this?
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.- T.S. Elliot

Makes Things Up cameron_chapman's Avatar
    Heart-Shaped Box
    Celtx exports as a text file (.txt), which you can open in virtually any word processor by right clicking on the file and going to "open with" (or something similar, it's been ages since I've used a PC). More advanced word processors will probably show the correct formatting.

Alternatively, you can format it and save it as a PDF (there's a tab at the bottom to do this) and then open it with Adobe Reader if you don't need to make changes outside of Celtx.
    Blog | Twitter

Hold My Hand: Kindle
    Aboard the Unstoppable Aerostat Fenris, Book One in The Steam and Steel Chronicles: Kindle | Smashwords | Nook
    The Great Healion Race, Book Two in The Steam and Steel Chronicles: Kindle | Smashwords | Nook

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being aibrean's Avatar
    If you do the tab called "typeset/pdf" at the bottom you'll have a nicely formatted (just like Celtx) PDF version of your play.

WIP - Infiltrate (Holo Book 2) [YA Sci-fi]
    Lady From Day won an ADDY for book design!

My website