Websites that Promote Free Kindle Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJas

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning on making my self-published kindle short story free. I've just found out about sites like Pixel of Ink & Ereader News Today that will include authors free books in their list of freebies if you submit your info on their site.

Does anyone how far in advance you need to let them know about your free book in order to be advertised on these sites?

JustJas

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, since no one has replied to this thread, I will post the advice I have gleaned from other forums on this subject.

The general consensus is that it's best to notify promoting sites such as Pixle of Ink & Ereader News Today as far in advance as possible of your free kindle book. I have submitted my book with only a couple of days notice. My short story is free on Friday & Saturday (16th & 17th March), so it will be interesting to see if this was enough advance notice.

Stay tuned.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007IHRA9C/?tag=absowrit-20

JustJas

Registered
Reaction score
FYI If you join Author Marketing Club they have a banner on their member's page with links for a bunch of sites that promote free ebooks.The form you need to fill out for each site opens from the link, making it very handy.

authormarketingclub.com/

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I wish you the best, with your endeavor...

The problem with sites like this, it's mostly populated by self published authors and thus they become the readers as well as the authors. This really does not really get your books to where your work needs to be; in front of readers who are not writers. IMHO of course.

JustJas

Registered
Reaction score
I wish you the best, with your endeavor...

The problem with sites like this, it's mostly populated by self published authors and thus they become the readers as well as the authors. This really does not really get your books to where your work needs to be; in front of readers who are not writers. IMHO of course.

I agree this is true of sites like Author's Marketing Club, but what about Pixel of Ink, Ereader News, Books on the Knob etc. Are these mainly visited by authors, or do they reach a wider audience? When I've advertised on these sites I have noticed an increase in free downloads, but I'm not sure if that's due to the adveritsing or other factors.

The main reason I put the link to Author's Marketing Club is the convenience of having all the links for other sites that promote free books in one place on their member's page and the fact that the links go straight to the forms you need to fill out, without having to trawl through each individual site.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score

This is the problem with much of the attempts at online promotion that I've seen: joining the Kindle boards, joining sites like AW, and following lists of writers and publishers on Twitter: most of that only tells other writers about your book, and does very little to reach most readers.

It's important to try to specifically target your readers in a positive and helpful way, rather than just doing what everyone else is doing.

JustJas

Registered
Reaction score
This is the problem with much of the attempts at online promotion that I've seen: joining the Kindle boards, joining sites like AW, and following lists of writers and publishers on Twitter: most of that only tells other writers about your book, and does very little to reach most readers.

It's important to try to specifically target your readers in a positive and helpful way, rather than just doing what everyone else is doing.

The best site for reaching actual readers as opposed to other writers seems to be Goodreads, although I notice that the posts in the forums for self-promotion don't get many views.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.