Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I second what Missus said.

I may need to Google. If I find nothing in an hour, single song it is.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys mean a series of holes with hot air coming out? I have mine on the side.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
But it's really the healing process that counts. I find cheating to be so pointless. If you don't want to be with someone then just break up with them. You'll hurt them more if you are cheating on them than if you break up with them because you know things are working out.

Exactly. I dont know if finding out 9 months later that the reason he so mysteriously broke up with her, was because he was cheating for the last three months of there relationship would send her over the edge though.... I think it would. What do you think? Considering before that they dated for 6 years and he was her best friend.

The problem with human stupidity is that you can never rely on people "buying it" for a book. I tend to err on my characters making smart decisions. People like their heroes to be clever. Dumb heroes tend to get things thrown at them and curses and swearing.

But that's just me.

And Para, I don't actually have a suggestion for cooling pads...I just grabbed a random image off google >.>

The one I bought was nice! I just don't remember which one it was.

Hehehe oh well this isn't a hero thing. The stupid character doing this is just an asshole.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
You're sweet. :D And physic!

Chose the other song for the mash up. Now to write it. It will be fun and challenging. :D

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. I dont know if finding out 9 months later that the reason he so mysteriously broke up with her, was because he was cheating for the last three months of there relationship would send her over the edge though.... I think it would. What do you think? Considering before that they dated for 6 years and he was her best friend.

If I were her, I would be more upset because he was my best friend that turned into my boyfriend than if he was just my boyfriend and I had no other relationship with him prior to us getting together. The title of a best friend isn't something that should be tossed around so freely to anyone. Being a best friend means that you have developed a high level of trust and comfort towards someone who starts the same interests with you. The fact that he was her best friend would be a really, really low blow because he has developed not only her trust as a best friend but also as a boyfriend.

Her finding out that he was cheating on her would probably make her heavily question her judgment of people in general. She'll probably punch herself in the face to giving him such privilege over seeing her in such a vulnerable state that only boyfriends and best friends have the right to see while he was using her.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I love my characters. Especially Maddie, Beth and Ed. Have done for years. <3

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well they weren't best friends before they met. They met, started dating, but as the years passed he became her only and best friend along with being her boyfriend. That's what she initially is most torn up about, that after 6 years she suddenly has no one... then she meets Jake, who actually does become a best friend along with his brother Darrel. With no romantic-ness at all.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
28th page and this scene is finished (the mash up is in the next scene), Imma play games and then go to bed.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I love my characters. Especially Maddie, Beth and Ed. Have done for years. <3

Well, I must despise Drusilla Xao with a fiery passion.

Lets see...

I killed her parents.
I drafted her.
I froze her fingers off, shattered her ribs, lacerated her shoulder, killed one of her friends, had her demoted, thrown in jail, killed more of her friends, smashed up her chest some more, killed the rest of her friends, gave her PTSD, shot her, beat her, blew out her eardrums, had her last surviving friend shot dead infront of her, put her through S3TA selection, cut her arms and legs off to replace them with cybernetics, then slowly dehumanized her through the rigors of special forces black-ops, until finally she is left a tired, bitter wreck of a human being, tormented by nightmares and depression for the rest of her life.

I'm such an asshole.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You have no idea what kind of asshole i am to my characters. I love them, but I'm just sooooooo horrible to them. So utterly horrible to them, i'm sure that if they were real, they would set out to kill me.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I love them, but my God I put them through crap all the time. :(

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
My worst moments.

Matty- his entire past with his family
Evy- finding out the boy who tired to kill her once is Matty.
Max- the love of his life, and girl he had a crush on since he was 5, murdered right infront of him then dying in his arms.
Laura- being raped twice by her abusive boyfriend
Pip- Knowing Laura the girl he has been in love with since 7 was raped and beat by her boyfriend
Tod- watching his older brother who he adored burst into flames then die infront of him.
Jul- Watching her boyfriend of 9 year die (or at least she thought he did)
Ally- Nyles and Chase both using her then trying to kill her. Having to actually kill Laura. Thinking she got all her best friends killed for half a book.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I didnt even add Alex and Sam to that list because there are just too many things to add in one post. And what is mentioned above isnt even the tip of the iceburg in terms of how horrible i am to my characters.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Darrel is being a much much larger character in this book then i ever planned... hum. It was suppose to just be about Jake and Andy, but Darrel is always there! I guess its kind of cute and endearing in a way he is so close with Andy and his brother. Funny I'm starting to like him more then Jake... ok maybe not more but on the same level.

He's just so freaking cute...