Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Elysium, let me know if there's anything wrong with your av. I had to save it as a JPG, and it gave me a warning, but it looks the same to me.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I know one thing. I will need a beta to check my formatting.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
YAY ALLY!

image-60.gif

image-53.gif

image-49.gif

image-20.gif

tumblr_ln9kizLy8U1qafrh6.gif

tumblr_lokcf2pe011qafrh6.gif

tumblr_lmm2foY6V11qafrh6.gif

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, Sherlockette snippet time!

“So your brother had some sort of schizo attack that left you traumatized and ashamed,” concluded Veronika, sitting back in her chair. “And he hurt himself, or hurt someone else, and now you never go anywhere unprepared.”

Sophie did not make eye contact with Veronika, simply took a breath and continued typing.

“So?” asked Veronika. “Am I right?”

Sophie ignored her and raised her hand. “Ms. Gillan,” she asked, her voice loud, “could you repeat what you said about molar conversions? I couldn’t hear, Veronika was saying something.”

Veronika glowered at the girl until the bell rang.

When it did, Sophie slammed her laptop shut and rounded on Veronika.

“Okay, I have a bit of information for you, Miss Metzger, since you’re so keen on knowing my every secret,” she said. “I have an older brother. He plays soccer and only listens to ‘80s music and watches way too much Japanese anime. His favorite video game is Call of Duty and his favorite movie is Independence Day. He wants to be a lawyer because of Atticus Finch. And he just so happens to suffer from schizophrenia.” She leaned in closer, and her voice took on a poisonous tone. “He isn’t ‘schizo’. He would never hurt anybody. And I’m not ashamed of him.”

Sophie straightened back up in her chair. “You know, not all secrets are kept for nefarious purposes,” she said. “There’s just this thing where you respect other people and the things they may or may not choose to tell you, and it’s called privacy. I guess you’ve never heard of it.”

And with that, she rose to her feet and walked out the door, leaving Veronika alone in the Chem lab.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! It is something very important to me, to have a character with a mental illness rather than a token mentally ill character.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I second that, especially as someone with a mental illness.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
There's a decent chance you're a manic depressive by mere virtue of writing aptitude.

Not a guarantee of course. Correlation does not equal causation and all that--but it's an interesting statistic nonetheless.

In other news I've stopped throwing my pity parties and have gotten back to pushing out more submissions. :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am a manic depressive.

9 PAGES. :D

ETA: Okay, I've not finished this scene (and this song), but I'm tired so I'm going to go to bed soon. I'm sure I'll figure out where I am.

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
thanks guys!

I'm still rather proud of all i did today with school stuff, but then those warm fuzzy happy feelings disappeared later today because of shit. Oh well it was nice while it lasted. Tomorrow besides a small meeting with my teacher, I'm off all day, so I'm going to write/edit all day and go to the park. I'm actually rather excited.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I love that my Economics teacher has 'The Only Exception' on his iPod.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Maddie is currently covering "You Belong With Me".

I got my trifold board today. It is way bigger than I thought. o_O