Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, HR.

My trifold board might have arrived this morning, but I don't know because I was asleep. >< I'm going to pick up the package tomorrow, hopefully.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I finished most of my homework last night, which means I have more time to write today. Huzzah!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!

I shall have to figure out how I juggle everything next month...

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Met a total stranger during intermission at a choir show.

Decided at the end of intermission to ask for her number.

Actually got it.

High fives?

iherzi

Registered
Reaction score
Do any of you guys handwrite your stuff? How long do you think it would take to type up 60+ pages? I'm really regretting some decisions I made when starting this novel lol.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
How fast a typist are you? 60 pages doesn't sound like much - you could type it up in maybe an hour or two?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
LOL Para. You crack me up :tongue

GET ON IT, herz! :D

ETA: I also meant to ask - anyone have a YA rec on a dark/literary voice? Or at least just dark?

ETA 2: Never mind about the rec's. Don't need them anymore.

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Met a total stranger during intermission at a choir show.

Decided at the end of intermission to ask for her number.

Actually got it.

High fives?

Nice! That's a similar situation on how i met Will.

Do any of you guys handwrite your stuff? How long do you think it would take to type up 60+ pages? I'm really regretting some decisions I made when starting this novel lol.

Once i learned how to type it wasnt all that bad. Took me about 2 days to type up my whole first book, (I handwrote the first one the first time.) but 60 pages... a few hours max if your an average typer.

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

Anyone have any advice on how to help a depressed person when you yourself is just as depressed if not more so?

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I know if I'm talking to someone who's depressed, I start telling them that I've been down that road, that it's definitely possible to pick back up again. To try to find a good support network - and at least a few people you can vent to as much as you can while the other person can offer loads of sympathy no matter what. Find stuff that makes you laugh/smile. Go take a walk in nice weather - the sun helps with happiness too since it releases endorphins. Read inspiring quotes. Just do anything and/or everything that makes you HAPPY.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm peachy thanks! Finished my airship chapter and now I'm working on an awesome duelling scene.

Anyone have any advice on how to help a depressed person when you yourself is just as depressed if not more so?

Honestly? Don't. When two people are sinking in a marsh, neither of them can pull the other out. You only drag each other down.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, right now i don't know what to do anymore. I was going to post over in the conquering challenges thread but i feel i post there too often.

ETA: Thank Para, that's what i've tried to do, but it hard for our depressions not to spill over, I'm breaking down on an almost daily basis because of school shit, and I only have one best friend (or friend at all most times) who happens to be Will, and as much as he doesnt want to admit it, he really only has one friend that will sincerely listen to him, which is me. So now i just don't know what to do, he hides his real feeling on the stuff so well, that it really worries me when he actually openly admits he's thinking about it all and is upset.

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Go ahead - that's what the forum is for. But my advice is that you cannot materially affect somebody else's depression. You can't fix their brain chemistry and you're not responsible for their happiness. Some things you can't change. Let go and relax.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Is it normal for some websites not to work on certian browsers?

I have to open IE to use one...

ETA: And now I am going to bed.

Last edited:

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Ooops. Just realized my explanation wasn't right for the situation. Sorry, Ally.

I've been having lots of dumb moments lately. I mean, normally I will have them from time to time - I'm a klutz like that - but not as much as it's been recently. Still, I do try to laugh at myself whenever it happens instead of be embarrassed about it. Part of my goal to stay as positive as much as I can. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha no problem Karla! Its not a dumb moment!

And i get those all the time... i had two last week in two separate classes and wanted to cry because of how stupid i looked...

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Wanna watch Series 3 Doctor Who right now, but have to do homework. :< I really wanted to watch the Blink! episode too. I think that would be such a cool story, but isn't that kind of copyrighted?