Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I was sixteen when I joined in here, which does make me feel a bit ancient.

If we're all sad about the decline of the thread, there's a good chance that we can revive it! I check in about once a day, but I sometimes forget to reply to things or just don't post myself. I shall try to fix this.

Choco, I have only written like 1k in my first 7 days of holiday and I'm so annoyed at myself. I want to be so much more productive, but writing is just not flowing :/

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding. Hi guys! I do have work this summer at an office so we'll see how often I can comeee.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I applied for a job this summer, but I got accepted for a three week French program in Quebec in July. I'm pretty excited.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Congratulations!

I have to start applying for jobs this summer, but I'm going to wait until I get my drivers license. I have to drive on the freeway today, and I'm freaking out. Funfunfun.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working an internship in Manhattan for the month. Today's my first day, and I'm halfway through!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Tally, that internship sounds preeeeetty awesome, probably because its in Manhattan, haha. What exactly are you doing?

I also had a big, fluffy Samoyed. However, we had to get rid of her last year. We had another before her and she died, and it wasn't the best decision to replace her.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure what I can say, but it's for a philanthropic company. At the moment, I'm mostly learning a lot about the way the company works, grants, projects, proposals, etc.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
hi everyone!

i'm also trying to check in more, a twiftie revival would be great

sometimes i post here and forget to check haha. it seems like when i'm on the internet i'm either refreshing furiously every second, or i completely i forget i have had a tab open for days, there is no between :tongue

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
That is the story of my life, choco. STORY OF MY LIFE.

the other story of my life is STALKING DESIGNER WEBPAGES and attempting to plan out how to save up for a Lady Dior and then crying when I realize it's never going to happen. Unless I quit eating until I'm done university. Which would defeat the point of saving for a purse, as I'd be too dead to enjoy it.

AHHHH the struggles of me.

In other news... um. Idk. What's everyone writing right now? Or reading? I'm wrapping up a couple of changes to MAAH and writing Sherlockettes again (which I've taken to calling MY DEAR WATSON for now. or NO SHIT SHERLOCK which might be the name of the sequel. except it's not appropriate. i'm rambling)

ETA: HR! HI! *tacklehugs* woweeee geez it's been a while.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Tally. :) It has been a while!

Let's see, I just started Hannah's Gone, Gone, Gone. And I've been reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.

I'm almost finished writing the first draft of Heartbreak which is good until I remember that I'm probably going to have to completely rewrite about half of it.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning on reading that later this summer! Gone, Gone, Gone, that is. I'm working this month and have some long flights coming up in August so I'm putting off my reading until then.

...I feel like the worst twiftie in the world because I don't actually remember what Heartbreak is about (though I do remember some mention of it!) Care to refresh me, s'il-vous-plaît?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I'm only a few chapters in but it's good so far. And I finally understand the origins behind it's working title.

That's okay, it's been a while. :) Wren's boyfriend was killed saving her life during a mass shooting on the same day she planned to break up with him.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
... Yep, now I remember. I would offer to beta it because it sounds really good, but mass shootings hit a bit too close for home for me right now. But I'm sure it's excellent!

So, anyone have cool summer plans or plans for the fourth?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Neither. I only have six weeks left before I go back to uni, so it's getting a little "Oh @#@# where has the time gone? I have so much left to do!" Unfortunately none of it is really fun.

What about you?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I may make a trip down to California in August, but it's pretty subjective on if I feel like missing my family trip to Montréal. As for the fourth, I'm shopping in Woodbury Commons! All day! Which is basically all I want to do ever, so, yay. I'm hoping and wishing and praying and begging that Prada or Dior bags will have some amazing discounts, but it's not that likely. Saks should be good though. And Jimmy Choo shoes are 70% off, which is really exciting...

yeah, kind of obsessed with shopping. I wrote all of my Sherlockettes' characters wardrobes on a notepad off the top of my head at work. Turns out Nikki has the world's greatest shoe collection, Veronika's mom buys her designer bags which she attempts to make Sophie steal out of rebellion, and Rachel buys Burberry polo shirts to wear instead of her school uniform ones.

(idk if you guys remember them or not lol)

(it's really fun to spend imaginary money on your imaginary characters) (also it's character development and worldbuilding) (yay two birds with one stone)

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been writing at all lately. Or reading. The last thing I finished was The Great Gatsby and now I'm trying to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone.