Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

aswiftsunset

Meow.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm definitely not looking forward to having to get used to no Amy and Rory. I'm hoping Clara will be a good replacement.

I'm not very excited about Billie Piper coming back, though. I didn't like watching her time on the show, so skipped pretty much all of her episodes.

Oh well. I'll have to wait and see. :)

I looooooooved Rose, so I'm really excited to see her come back.

Doing the math, Rose is 27 now. Wow.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I started with Eleven, so obviously he's my favourite. I like David from what I've seen of him, too. I skipped to Martha, and then I just... Stopped. Hahah

aswiftsunset

Meow.
Registered
Reaction score
I started with Nine. I was watching an entire season in a week back when I first started last year, so I could catch up quickly. Now I think I've seen every episode of New Who except for the one with the wasp from S4 because I have a huge fear of bugs so I skipped it on purpose.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
that is very cool, zoom.

I actually REALLY LOVED M0ff4t's first season, it was clever and touching and the two-part finale was one of the best. But I think that M0ff4t kept trying to overhype his own plot twists (like: SILENCE WILL FALL was interesting at first, but it was so overhyped that by the time we learned what the silence was I didn't give a damn), and I think M0ff4t made the show more about the Doctor, whereas the show has always been first and foremost the companion's story, imo.

...I also think M0ff4t has been sacrificing all sense of character continuity (ESPECIALLY in his female characters) in order to create ~clever~ twists, etc. So by now, I don't really care ~who Clara is~ or whatever her plot twist is (and I'm pretty sure I know, anyway). However, because M0ff4t has spent all his time hyping the plot rather than making me invested in the emotional arcs of the characters, I don't really have any interest in watching the next season.

(Also, M0ff4t's narratives have become increasingly sexist and EVERY SINGLE FEMALE CHARACTER he writes follows the same formula: meets doctor as kid, grows up and kisses him. Reinette, Amy, River, now Clara... and there hasn't been a female writer on the staff of Doctor Who since 2010, to add insult to the injury. Furthermore, I am sick of M0ff4t's using gimmicks and 'rule of cool' to get out of all the scenarios he concocts. I'd rather have a simple plot and really good, complex, continuous characters than some big bang that goes out with a fizzle.)

...sorry, guys, lol. I'm just very frustrated by the fact that my favourite show has been ruined for me by this guy. especially when he had such a promising start.

ETA: NINE IS THE BEST DOCTOR EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO HOME bye.

ETA: OMG WHO'S THAT GIRL IN MY AVATAR OMG IT'S MEEEE
lol yeah i'm bored will probably take it down later

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Tally, if I were even half as pretty as you, I think I'd be happy. PLEASE SHARE.

You also always have valid arguments.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, I feel compelled to just get writing a script a try. Just to see what it's like. I mean, it doesn't hurt to try.

I'll see, though. That idea could just be for today. Tomorrow I could wake up and not have any interest in it, so... yeah.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Scripts are fun! I haven't written one in a while, but I used to and it was awesome.

ZOE! *tacklehugs*

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a script a few months ago.

Tally! *tacklehugs back*

ETA- I'm going to go to the gym. Hopefully when I get back, I'll have time to write. Though, despite what my signature says, I don't have a current WIP.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I desperately need to go to the gym. Zumba classes aren't cutting it with my immense love for food :/ ughhh

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Eh, the problem with fitness is that you can't lose weight via exercise, the only way to get in shape is by changing diet. You're talking to a girl who was bigger when she was in swim training 15 hours a week and eating whatever than she is when she cuts out processed food and lies in bed all day- fitness is 30% exercise, 70% diet. The good news is that you can eat a lot a lot a lot when you eat healthy foods :tongue But that's only if you want to get in shape! You don't have to, and your body is fine the way it is. Only do it if you want to.

(this is what happens when you talk to a girl who does more work on health than homework)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
GAH.

What about homemade tiramasu? We have loads. It is ridiculous.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
um, we don't make tiramasu? lol I hardly even count that as chocolate. I'm talking about eggs and bunnies right now.

eta: also you are forgetting that I don't live at home lol.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to lose weight for my grade none graduation (which I am not looking forward to) and its not working. My genes are just terrible, Andy love for chocolate doesn't help, especially now that it's Easter and I have a bag of chocolate in the truck.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Well, as part of my birthday celebrations, my friend and I went to see The Host. I thought it was alright, but it was just... Lacking action. I was sitting in the theatre, and all I could think was "I would do something different there" or "really? That's how you would approach that?" The ending was just too happy for my liking. My friend thought I was crazy for thinking there should've been more death. Hahaha :p

Because.

told before & told again
Registered
Reaction score
eating healthy is literally the hardest thing for me to stick with. like i do it for a week and it falls apart lol. i really do need to eat better though. not just because i would like to lose a bit weight, but for my health.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
BECAUSE *tacklehugs*

I want to see The Host so bad. I LOVE the book.