Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
No, I don't need help with the french, of that's what you're implying. :) I just need to memorize it. That is extremely aggravating. :S

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Taking a shit ton of cold medicine. I keep switching between Dayquil and Tylenol cold and flu. Plus i'm still taking my allergy meds daily, so i'm hopping with the combo of drugs eventually i'll feel better. And i took a really really really long shower in hopes i feel better too. Still not working....

If my presentation and finals don't kill me i'm sure whatever the hell i have will. Feels like someone blew up a balloon in my head.... the whole left side of my head just feel heavy and full of mucus. Cant even hear right out of my left ear.

Anyway enough gross details about how i feel, how is everyone else? I'm actually going to try and relax a little by writing, but i'm sure i'll fail at that shortly.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so dehydrated. And I have to finish this Spanish project.

(which, okay, I'm almost finished anyway)

Look Ally! I have done... almost 4 hours of work today! Which is a record for me (not counting last-minute cram nights). I'm embarrassed by how proud of myself I am.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's really great Tally, you should be proud!

So writing probably still isnt going to happen for me. its been two weeks since i wrote anything, fun.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
GOD THIS SONG IS STUCK IN MY HEAD NOW!

And the joys of having short hair now. Took a shower two hours ago and it almost dry.

WRITE TALLY WRITE!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!!

Short snippet! Just for reference, an Opus card is a Montreal bus and subway card. A metro is a subway or Tube. McGill is a school in Montreal that is actually ridiculously low-priced for Quebec residents compared to other schools in it's league (it's like an Ivy League school).

Sophie had been in for a lot of surprises since starting school at Redthorne, but nothing, nothing could even compare to learning that Veronika had never used any form of public transport.

“You’ve never taken a bus? Or used the metro?” Sophie groaned. “But you have an Opus card! If you never use it that’s a total waste of money!”

Veronika turned her bus card over in her hands. “The school arranged for everyone to get these,” she said. “I don’t really see the point, but they insisted.”

Sophie sighed. “But what happens when you go to university, or move out on your own? These are life skills, Véro, you gotta learn them!”

Veronika rolled her eyes. “I’ll have a car by the time I go to McGill,” she said. “And even if I didn’t, everyone in our class will, so it won’t matter.”

“Oh, come on,” said Sophie. “The entire class isn’t going to McGill. Maybe a few, but—“

“Everyone at Redthorne ends up at McGill,” said Veronika.

Sophie’s eyes widened. “So I’m stuck with you for seven more years?”

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Ely :(

I am going to bed now because I haven't mastered Ally's running-on-no-sleep superpower. See you guys tomorrow!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Its not a superpower, its a skill! A skill i worked long and hard to master hehehehe!

And its not that i run on no sleep, its i run on little sleep out of necessity. If you had to stay up days straight for years on end, you would be a walking zombie like me too!

best tricks i can tell you Ely if you want to stay up late to finish work. 1) make coffee or tea. 2) eliminate all outside distractions including AW. 3) focus hard core 4) take a 10 minute break every half an hour of pure work time then get back to work.

Your'll finish work surprisingly fast.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I think I've finished the chapter list for Invincible. Most of them don't include anything about Will/Ruby. I still can't decide if they get together or not.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Zoom. :) Have fun at your concert!

It went really well! I think it might have been the best presentation I've ever done, actually, because it was something I was really interested in.