Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
BIG BANG THEORY!!!!

Ok you say your horrible at science but you like that show??? You clearly must not be if you like that show. My mom hates that show because she can never understand there jokes.

There is a kid a year younger then me who was in my one class who me and my friend call Sheldon, because he sounds and acts just like him!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So would an author, if you don't mention a book, count as a source?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I understand stuff in theory! I understand almost everything. I just can't do it myself.

I dunno, Lisa.

ETA: And I do get all the geek jokes.

But I especially watch cause I find the characters funny. I think a lot of people do. We don't all get the sciencey stuff but we get the characters.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So would an author, if you don't mention a book, count as a source?

No. Unless you are mentioning the book, or they are a leading expert in whatever your writing about, then no they would not count as a reliable source.

Sadly i know way too much about what can be considered a real source, although again Science and English might have different standards.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I understand stuff in theory! I understand almost everything. I just can't do it myself.

I dunno, Lisa.

ETA: And I do get all the geek jokes.

But I especially watch cause I find the characters funny. I think a lot of people do. We don't all get the sciencey stuff but we get the characters.

Then if you understand it in theory, your not bad at science. You just completed half the battle.

The funniest part about that show is how true to life it is. Yes, most of us are that nerdy and awkward! Maybe not to Sheldon's standards but to the others.

ETA: Anyone want to look at my powerpoint? again you dont need to read it only tell me if the pictures are pretty and they pull in your attention.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yay Lisa!

Grrrr I have to travel home soon, then back here to college, grrrr!

Anyway talk to you all later if your all still up!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
nevermind just checked my email, and the meeting was moved up to 5:30 i wont have time to go home. Oh well

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to start my chapter list for Invincible soon. In my little notebook. There may be lots of pages dedicated to it, haha.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what to do...

1) Finish UZ
2) Fix all the now problems in book 7 and 8...
3) Erase book 9
4) figure out how i can still write book 9
5) just start book 10, which would really end up being book 9...

So many decisions....

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I use music, books and films to help me decide.

My gut is helping so much with plotting techniques and general plotting/story stuff. Eeeee.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Psychology. am SO FAR behind.

And thanks Ally! I am alright at some stuff in science, but terrible at others. The worst I've had to do was engineering. Gahhhh...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
In the list of hardest majors

It goes:
1) Physics
2) Engineering
3) Chemistry

Yeah its a tough subject. I had to do a good bit in my physic's classes. Good thing was I now know how to read electrical diagrams and can work with electricity without getting all that badly electrocuted. hehehehe!

I need more coffee i'm so tired...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Same here!

When you get into cell and micro bio... its soooooo interesting. Oh and Immuno! I wish i was a bio major every day... sadly i'm suck with the boring science.

I research bio just for fun. (yeah i'm THAT much of a loser) I often read my biochem book just to get the scientific background for the Freak Functions.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Bio is definitely cool. I could research it on my own, but I am very bad at learning in a class. Unless it's math, I can do that 'cause I need to ask questions.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Bio is the coolest. I have probably done more bio and biochem research for my series, then i have done in my six bio classes

And i should be an expert in hemophilia because of Pip.

When i get published and if my series becomes big, i plan to go back to get my bachelors in bio then write a book in Pip's POV called Freak Functions: The anatomy of a Freak.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have to decide when I want the attempted suicide... Chapter One seems too... early.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA i read that sooooooooo wrong.... OH WOW. I really thought you wrote "I have to figure out when i'm going to attempt suicide"

In two different books my MC's start the book off with attempting suicide.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yes... I think he will.

I can always change it if the chapter's short.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahah yeah, its something i already have halfway completed with the Freak Files.

You see in the book there is this thing called the Freak Files, its a massive collaboration of 13 years worth of research on Ally, Max, Laura and Pip. It encompasses everything from there medical records, to psych analyses, to basic information to pretty much everything about them for 13 years. When they take down the Order Pip steals the Freak Files, and continues to update as like a little hobby.

In the process he also preforms yearly physicals on himself and the other Freaks (he's a dr.) and continually comes up with theories about why the Freaks are able to do the things they are able to do. Like he makes the link to there fast reflexes to the thicker mylon in there axons (i probably spelled that all wrong) and the reason they can jump from 3 story building is because of the excess Carthage and fluid in there joints that cushion the impact.

I still have a ton more research to do, but i think it would make a cool book for really big fans of the book who enjoy science.