Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it just bothered me this skinny little probably never was more then a size 0 girl was making fun of others! Like how freaking old are you? Your in college not high-school. And the worst part was her friend was heavy. So i'm like ARE YOU SEROUS?

And before her theory she was really ranting about how she hated fat people, and was like a Nazi of heavy people!!! I just wanted to punch her! Last time i sit on a campus bench again!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just do that. Panic.

What do you think of the playlist? :3

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Cool i guess, again dont listen to that sort of music all that much.

And I know. I panic for no reason most of the time. Just anxious that I'm not doing something i should be. Every time i write during the week i have a little panic attack thinking "Even though i have all my school work done i should be doing something more for school"

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What?? *checks* Ahh,

I know you'd listen to Will's one for Invincible.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Para - Publisher's Weekly. Also got linked to it via multiple agent's twitters. Pretty legit looking.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I googled to check it was for real. Just surprised. Not what I was expecting.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Lmao I wish I was in school. D: But I need to get better first so I can put 100% of my focus into my degree. For now I'm in a partial hospitalization program, where I basically go to different group therapies from 9-3. I might start taking classes at a local community college, then try to apply to school for the spring 2013 semester.

I don't think I've listened to any of those songs on your playlist. I don't even know what your story is about. xD

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Awwwwww sorry Keag.

I wish i was anywhere but school honestly. I've never thought about running away more then this last year.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
About the Americans-being-overweight thing: There are many reasons, but a MAJOR contributor is that it's next to impossible to get a sensible portion these days.

I mean, my mom got a coke at Disney today, and the regular size was just unbelievable.

People are always saying "Oh, we snack too much, we eat too often, we have to eat less" but it's scientifically proven that eating smaller amounts at more regular intervals is a lot better for you.

I'm not saying this is just in America! Almost all fast-food places have this problem. The only reason I am referring to America is that a) there are more fast food places in America and b) there are more people in America than in a lot of places.

Our modern society has been brainwashed to think bigger is better and, more especially, that you should always get the best value for your money. Like, if you go into the movie theatre and a regular popcorn is $3.00 and a large is $3.50, anyone would say "well, I'll get the large, it's a way better deal!" and thus we end up with way more popcorn than we should rationally be having. But money-wise, the bigger popcorn is a way better deal.

So... basically, in summary, I think today's problem lies in portion sizes. I mean, there are a lot of other major contributing factors, but portions are a big one. No pun intended. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
A-HA, I THINK I'VE FIGURED NICK OUT.

His ex dumped him because she wanted a nice guy (even though she was a bad girl, shall we say) and wanted Nick to change, but she wouldn't, so he didn't see the point. Now he wants to be accepted, because really he's got a heart of gold....

Make sense?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
That Karofsky-stalking-Kurt thing had me seeing red. He had no right to, after bullying and traumatizing and threatening to kill Kurt, forcing him to run from the school in tears, stalk him in a disguise KNOWING Kurt would think it was his boyfriend (or one of his boyfriend's friends delivering Valentine's cards). He took advantage of the fact that Kurt's guard was down, then terrified Kurt by proclaiming that all his sexual harassment and bullying from the year before was because he was in love with him, and then getting really angry when Kurt said that he was willing to be friends, but not more.

Kurt should not even feel pressured to be at all kind to Karofsky. The fact that he offered friendship is going above and beyond anything he was expected to do. After Karofsky sexually harassing Kurt and threatening to kill him, Kurt had the right to hate him for the rest of his days, no matter how good Karofsky became after that. And then, the fact that Karofsky was presented as some sort of victim after what he did to Kurt? Ugh.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i guess that makes sense Lisa.

And yeah there are alot of reasons for obesity my problem lies in people who bash others for being heavy, and then come up with stupid theories on "if I ruled the world i'd do this to stop it by... blah blah blah." Like who do you think you are seriously?

And especially when there wrong and clearly have a stupid damn idea! People like that really piss me off.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I feel so lost. I just know Kurt is a character from Glee. That is all I know. And as someone who does not watch TV other than Chopped on Food Network, I am just so totally lost. XD

I should do some writing. I'm thinking of writing a series of short stories based on all my characters and it just being snapshots from their lives. It's hard to explain though, since in order to understand it, you'd need to understand my brain and how I view myself and my characters.

See, I view my characters as organic, and not just people I make up. to me, I did not create them. They found me, and they live in my head and we generally live separate lives from each other. It's like an apartment building, everyone knows each other, but they are all from different story lines.

Anyway I'll BRB guys. Gotta walk down to the eye doctor and pick up my contacts.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Food Network! I love Cake Challage shows. And Iron Chef, and chopped and pretty much everything on that channel! Although it sucks i'm such a picky eater.... all the stuff they make looks soooooooooo good but i would never like it.

And that reminds me i really really need to order new contacts!!!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Back from my walk! It was such a nice walk haha. A bit breezy out, but nice out. They don't lie when they say a brisk 10-15 minute walk does wonders for your mood. And I did get my contacts haha. My new glasses will hopefully be there tomorrow.

It's funny because my eyes are so messed up. One eye is near sighted, one eye is far sighted, yet both have become more near sighted. I also have worsening astigmatism in my left eye. o_O; My eye sight lol.

OMG Ally I'm the same way haha. I'm the pickiest eater ever. I'm such a texture person that half of the foods I like eating, I can't eat because I can't stand the texture! It omits whole food groups lmfao.

ETA: HR OMG HIII!!! :D *TACKLEHUG* How goes it?!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I have the single best thing ever. I could even link it to you guys.

AND SO I WILL!

BEHOLD

logov1o.jpg

The rough draft of the logos for my novel! These won't be on the cover, but might be on tee-shirts or something.

They're for the two sides!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Omg I've missed you too HR! And everyone here! Glad to hear things are going good for you!

And those are awesome, Zoom. Did you draw them yourself? : D I haven't drawn anything recently minus a few sketches here and there.