Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
YAY! I'm not alone!

Personally i think people who live boring lives have the best imaginations, because they have all that boring time to daydream of living non-boring lives!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Could never smoke. I lived with my grandfather who i watched suffer and ultimately die, due to lung Cancer caused by smoking. Sooooo... yeah i couldn't ever smoke. Plus i have mild asthma, that gets really agitated with smoke

And I have strong feelings against alcohol, simply because alot of my people have problems with that and alcoholism is somewhat genetic, as I've been taught.

I also have mild hypochondria and have heard alot of horror stories involving people having sex, taking drugs, or drinking. Although i know they are all over dramatized and usually lies to begin with, I'm still a cautious person.

Although i cant lie, sometimes i wish i could just live a little.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
If that's the definition of boring, then I'm boring as well. I will never smoke. My dad quit smoking when I was 7, died of lung cancer when I was 13. Plus I can't stand the smell. The only sips of drinks I've ever had were with my mom's permission. I like to have control over my own body so drugs scare the crap out of me.

Personally I think I have more fun this way. During St. Patrick's Day when everyone was out getting completely smashed, my friends and I held a private party with fake champagne and cake. And then the next morning we sat in the dining hall and laughed at the people coming in still drunk and/or hungover.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, novel playlists always need a Taylor Swift song...

bickazer

someday we'll shine together
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided that on days when I don't feel like writing, I can just edit Draft 1.5 of The Unbonded, and on writing days, I can work on the rough draft of my urban fantasy project (tentatively The World You Wish To See? IDK...too generic and sounds too much like The World Ends With You).

Seems to be working well...*fingers crossed* I just want to be able to finish something!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with that! Plus i have fun enough when I'm sober, so what's the appeal of alcohol and drugs again?

I also live by the Horror Movie Rules in life:

1) dont have sex. The whores die first.
2) Dont drink or do drugs. Easy pickings for the murderer/monster.
3) Dont read incantations out loud... ever.
4) Don't meddle. Never did the Scooby gang any good.
5) Never split up idiot.
6) Never check the "dead" body... its not actually dead dumbass.
7) Dont ever say "I'll be right back"... because you wont, and you already broke #5.

There are more but i'll stop there. hehehehe! Life lessons to learn from. I'm sure I'll survive any potential crisis with those rules!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
One reason i cant wait to re-write my second and third book, so i can play around with the Horror Movie Rules again!

I had to send in a script i wrote, which was really part of my third book turned into a script for a contest. They sent back a review and said they loved my horror move rules and it was a terrifying yet comical story. Sadly i didnt win because as they put it. "There was no deep moral lesson at the end of the script"

That pissed me off so much! The moral at the end was DONT DIE! I say that's a deep moral lesson if you ask me. :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
It even had a cool title and all! Night Terrors.

I was so pissed when i found out the top three winners were all about some teen with a miserable life that ends up finding out there life isnt all that miserable in the end.

GRRRR! At least i won in my class (Teacher had a fun little class contest), not that that is a big accomplishment or anything though.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Just came back from an awesome trip to Walmart with my friend.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Manta in SeaWorld is now at the top of my favorite roller coasters.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Manta wasn't open last time I was there! Just Kraken.

I could never smoke. My asthma is technically recovered, but I still get an attack when I inhale too much.

As for drinking... I drink. I don't get drunk, but I definitely drink. In Cayman, the drinking age is technically 18, but I look 18 and they really don't care enough for ID. So, it's not uncommon that I'm at a restaurant and my parents order a bottle of wine and the waiter pours me a glass too. In fact, it's so common that I occasionally order wine. Once, my friend and I (and our families) were at a restaurant, our parents asked us if we wanted wine, we refused, then the waiter still poured us wine anyway.

...so, yes, definitely some alcohol here xD

But I don't get drunk! And my family's one big, big, BIG rule is to never get in the car with a driver who's been drinking. At my mom's high school, every year, right before graduation, a student died in a car crash due to drinking. It's her biggest fear.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
It was really, really neat... I've never seen a coaster like it.

I'm allergic to tobacco. If I'm around someone smoking, my eyes will swell up to the size of little golf balls, and then the other common allergy stuff.

And I've never had any alcoholic beverage, which is reasonable - I'm 14. But there are people younger than me going out and getting drunk.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I figure if I have to use something to loosen up, cheer up, or forget, I'm better off taking a walk or hike. Or lately, since going on walks has been out, taking a nap. I have no desire whatsoever to drink or smoke or anything else along those lines. Just a personal choice that I made a long time ago. However.... I do occasionally eat chocolate in quantities much larger than I should if I'm feeling really upset about something. Which, of course, just makes me feel worse about myself. *sigh* Stupid cycles.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

Google Chrome is still being weird. And now iTunes is.

AND I lost some of my short story.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I figure if I have to use something to loosen up, cheer up, or forget, I'm better off taking a walk or hike. Or lately, since going on walks has been out, taking a nap. I have no desire whatsoever to drink or smoke or anything else along those lines. Just a personal choice that I made a long time ago. However.... I do occasionally eat chocolate in quantities much larger than I should if I'm feeling really upset about something. Which, of course, just makes me feel worse about myself. *sigh* Stupid cycles.

I agree. I made the personal choice at 12, never to do any of that stuff, and still stick to it. Walks and naps are very good ways to cheer up/forget stuff. As are swings in my case. I love swings. I'm actually really thinking about skipping my class tonight and taking a walk to the park to swing for a few hours. I'm a weirdo that way!

Hi, guys.

Google Chrome is still being weird. And now iTunes is.

AND I lost some of my short story.

I'm sorry Lisa, losing part of your story sucks, trust me i've been there.

Morning team.

Morning!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Catching up on glee.

V Day usually sucks, but...

AND I KNOW WHO KURT'S SECRET ADMIRER IS!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Kurt's SECRET ADMIRER = my MOST HATED character. That gorilla sequence is unforgivable.

in other news... TRUST ME READ THIS.

The Casual Vacancy

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils...Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
"I Will Always Love You"b = HEARTBREAKING.

I'm sorry, but it is.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Have you seen the newest one? The one with Matt Bomer?!?!?!