Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm editing and my own writing is making me woobie.

Afterward, we lay in a sweaty heap, with the blankets (and several pillows) tossed around. Sarah lay with her head in her lap and her legs propped against the side of the bed, and I lay with my head on a pillow. My fingers stroked her hair and my cybernetic hand hung over the side of the bed. We both panted.

“You have really Jing Chai fingers, Sarah.”

“I know.”

“I thought you were supposed to say thanks.”

In lieu of that, she reached up and tweaked my nose, grinning at me.

I looked up at the ceiling and saw gray. On the Hub, my wallpaper had been set to bring up my favorites whenever I walked into my room. Then conscription had dragged me into the marines, and my room had become a bunk-bed, with a load of other scared, horny, desperate kids sobbing themselves to sleep stretching off to either direction. I had spent a lot of time looking at the gray underside of Kobly's bunk. Then, when I had gotten to Sarah's cabin, I had spent even more time examining the wood ceiling.

“I miss the stars.”

“Mmmm?” Sarah's face pressed against my belly.

“I miss the stars.” I said, again. Light pollution down here was even worse than I had imagined possible. And in the boonies, at Sarah's cabin, I'd been too afraid to step outside at night.

Sarah smiled against my skin and I could feel her lips. Then she slid her head away and murmured. “Computer, starfield, parallel galactic axis.”

The wallpaper turned on and gray turned to black, then black turned to a thousand million billion glowing dots of light, every color of the rainbow. They didn't wink or twinkle or flicker, they blazed and the entire room was bathed with light. Sarah's breasts were painted with reds and golds and whites as she sat up, pushing herself up until she was silhouetted by the majestic stretch of the Orion arm, the whole galaxy spreading around behind and below her. The room vanished around us and I felt her smile.

“Hows this?”

*woobwoobwoobwoobwoobwoobwoobwoobwoob*

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Short form, a woobie is a character you want to hug and tuck into bed and give her or him a big cup of coco and make it all feel better.

bickazer

someday we'll shine together
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever, TV tropes was way more fun back in 2007, before they tried to become serious.

/bitter hipster

(But I'm serious. I think the death knell was when they started changing all the fandom-specific reference names into generic alliterative crap)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
My mom - my first editing roadbump - asks if witnesses on a trial are allowed to leave the courtroom during recess.

I...don't...know.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I've tired alcohol as in sips, but i've never drank, done drugs, or smoked (could never do that) Actually on a list of common DO NOT's I've done none. I live a boring life.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Google Chrome is weird. I switched my laptop back on... and it's lost my saved passwords.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh God... I just learned the hard way, apple slices and Java Monster... Yeah they dont mix.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's great Hannah!

And yeah I see your already adjusting well to your first year, if your surviving solely on coffee. I need two Java Monsters every morning just to be physically capable of forming logical sentences now.

Soon enough you'll have to give up on writing for grades, as school sucks the life out of you. (Well at least if your a science major...)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So I seriously almost lost it on my professor from hell today. I HAD ONE SIMPLE QUESTION!!!

Me: Is the concentration of OH .14?
Now any logical person would say Yes or no... What the fuck does he respond with.
Him: Weeeeeellllll, not necessarily.
Me: So no? What is it then? .07? That doesn't make sense.
Him: Your not understanding this.
Partner: No we get this.... but...
Him: (in condescending voice)Well Ally seems to be having a hard time understanding this so lets go back and catch her up. (points to my paper) How many OH's are there?"
Me: (ready to lose it) Two. So wouldnt the answer therefore be .14?
Him: What would be the concentration of just one of them?
Me: .07!
Him: Sooo two would be?"
Me: (as i literally brake my pencil i was squeezing it so tight) .14.
Him: exactly.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!??? SERIOUSLY?!!?!?!?!?!?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
WHAT????? STUPID IDIOT.

In writing news: Nick was all like, "SO YEAH, MY FAVOURITE BANDS ARE ALL TIME LOW AND COBRA STARSHIP, 'KAY?"

Thanks, Nick. Hurry the fuck up and tell me how your ex fits into the plot.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Its like he does this shit on purpose!!!

And before that i had this glorious shinning moment in class, where my group couldnt figure out the name of a compound and I said "I'm pretty sure its Benzoate acid"
There reply "NO WAY!" Who ended up being right? Yeah, this girl!

Then that asshole ruined my shinning moment by making me look like an idiot because he couldn't just say YES from the beginning!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Mayday Parade now.

I wish YouTube would do it's suggestions when I search something. It's not for some reason.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I've tired alcohol as in sips, but i've never drank, done drugs, or smoked (could never do that) Actually on a list of common DO NOT's I've done none. I live a boring life.

Me too. I'm also boring. :tongue