Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
wrote 7K today. Grand total now at 33K, but it nearing the end of the story. Looks like during revisions i'll have to add more earlier on...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The Hunger Games was so awesome I dragged my little brother to see it so I could have an excuse to watch it again. Great film.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad! Despite my long and somewhat manic ravings about my personal dislike of the books, I actually had strong hopes for the movie-films. I never want bad media to exist, and I actually think that the HGs very rapid prose style serves itself well to a cinematic adaptation.

Meanwhile, I continue to slowly do a pass through Shattered Sky. Must make Dru's character arc smoother and more consistent. Must make plotline make sense.

Reason number 4,521 why I everyone should be glad I didn't write the Hunger Games Series.

The climactic scene, taking place on the roof of a skyscraper has President Snow almost getting to his escape hover-car rocket dune buggy when Katniss leaps on the roof, exploding bow arrow in hand.

The rocket dune buggy leaps into the air and Snow cackles madly. He has escaped.

Katniss shoots the arrow! It sticks into the side of the door and Snow's eyes widen as he sees the arrow is TICKING.

Katniss narrows her eyes.

"Life s'no-w fair." She says.

THE ARROW EXPLODES and then Katniss, Peta and Gale have a kinky threesome.

ICE TO SEE YOU, PRESIDENT SNOW!

"We need you to kill President Snow."
"Hmm, I'll have to put some thawed into it."

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha. You're silly. :tongue

I'm finally into act three of my YA UF, otherwise known as the stage at which the antagonist turns up in a giant freaking killer airship of death to storm the protagonist's school with an army of soul-eating psychopaths. It's going to be great. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha. You're silly. :tongue

I'm finally into act three of my YA UF, otherwise known as the stage at which the antagonist turns up in a giant freaking killer airship of death to storm the protagonist's school with an army of soul-eating psychopaths. It's going to be great. :D

that's sounds extremely awesome and eventful. I'm at the part in my story where the two MC's who you pretty much figure will get together in the end, finally do because of Jake's little brother who is crude and horrible but loveable as hell, and finally sits both MC's down and is like

"Personally i'm growing tired of the same old sexual tension between you too, so i'm going to spell it out. Andy, Jake is in love with you, Jake, Andy is in love with you, now i'm going to walk away, and i better hear kissing when i come back."

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OK. I've decided to do a playlist for SK and let Nick and Hannah talk to me for a while before trying to write again.

I'M DETERMINED TO WIN.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you!

So i watched Glee last night, because Neal Caffrey was on it. Not that horrible of a show. I have slightly more respect for it now... probably only because i LOVE Neal!

Ever just wake up one morning and later on wonder why you even bothered to get out of bed? I'm having one of those days.

1) stayed up really late watching Buffy (I'm re-watching from the beginning because i'm a loser that way.)

2) Forgot my keys in my room this morning and had to walk to work... it not an exceptionally long work, but its up a big hill, and i realized I"M REALLY OUT OF SHAPE! Even though i'm losing weight, i was practically dead when i reached work.

3) because I forgot my keys i couldn't get my coffee... I really dont need to explain how horrible of a day this is going to be without coffee...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I've come to a few interesting conclusions today in my caffeine deprived state.

1) Angel and Darla dated for a good hundred years then broke up, some how makes my 5 seem really insignificant. Yes, I take my life lessons form shows, and Scooby-Doo didnt have any that fit, so i resorted to Buffy. X-Files is my last resort.

2) I need to forget about Forensic's and be the first one to develop a caffeine patch. Kind of like a Nicotine patch, but it distributes high levels of caffeine into your system. Wouldn't that be a dream!? I'll hopefully be a chemist by May, yeah i should totally create this... I'd make millions.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone would want to use one! Not like coffee is necessarily a pleasure to drink for most. I got used to the taste by adding in chocolate, and lots of sugar and cream, but i mainly drink it for the caffeine... but what if you didnt need to do that?

Not that i could ever figure out how to make something like that, but still its a good freaking idea!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have a feeling that their sort of ... vibe, if that's the word, fits Nick for most of the script. Do you know of any similar bands I could check out?

All Time Low and Boys Like Girls will probably be my go to bands for the "softer" scenes...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm usually into more rockish stuff... but lets see. This may not be like 3OH3! or CobraStarship, but there similar to All Time Low and Boys Like Girls.

I Fight Dragons
Mayday Parade
The Academy Is...
The All-American Rejects
American Hi-Fi
Cartel
The Classic Crime
The Downtown Fiction
Fall Out Boy
Finger Eleven
Halifax
Hellogoodbye
Jimmy Eat World
Madina Lake
Maroon 5
Motion City Soundtrack
Relient K
Something Corporate
Taking Back Sunday
30 Seconds to Mars

Also might want to look into Warp Tour, There CD's go far far back and All Time Low was a frequent at them. So there would be many others like Hidden In Plain Sight, and Tokyo Rose, that arn't as popular but still might fit what your looking far.

ETA: You might also want to check out a band that has been recently gaining alot of popularity. One Direction, They are famous for there song "What Makes you Beautiful" (Which i really love!)

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OK, SOME AWESOME BANDS ON THERE.

ETA: Here are the songs already:

"Here Comes The Sun (Live)" - George Harrison (may have to find a cover for the soundtrack, but we shall see)
"Hot Mess" - Cobra Starship
"Pour Some Sugar on Me" - The Maine (Def Leppard Cover)

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah i went down my iPhone's music list.

I'm a big music junkie, if you couldn't already tell.

I'm assuming this is sort of a romance play thing again, so if you need any flirty or dirty rock songs, let me know. I have a million playlists all separated into the sort of scenes that i write. So i have a playlist for every book, then ones for "fight scenes" "Depressed Scenes" "Love scenes" ect...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
FLIRTY AND DIRTY = SO IMPORTANT TO THIS PLOT.

Yeah, they're not good girl/boy characters. FUN.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm usually into more rockish stuff... but lets see. This may not be like 3OH3! or CobraStarship, but there similar to All Time Low and Boys Like Girls.

I Fight Dragons
Mayday Parade
The Academy Is...
The All-American Rejects
American Hi-Fi
Cartel
The Classic Crime
The Downtown Fiction
Fall Out Boy
Finger Eleven
Halifax
Hellogoodbye
Jimmy Eat World
Madina Lake
Maroon 5
Motion City Soundtrack
Relient K
Something Corporate
Taking Back Sunday
30 Seconds to Mars

Also might want to look into Warp Tour, There CD's go far far back and All Time Low was a frequent at them. So there would be many others like Hidden In Plain Sight, and Tokyo Rose, that arn't as popular but still might fit what your looking far.

ETA: You might also want to check out a band that has been recently gaining alot of popularity. One Direction, They are famous for there song "What Makes you Beautiful" (Which i really love!)

I actually like One Direction. They're not my favourite band, but they're fun.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I only know that one song by them honestly. And have been listening to that for the last two weeks alot! I love that song, fits so many of my books unbelievably well, because all my girl MC's are usually horribly shy and insecure.