Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OK. I shall remember to keep the laptop on a flat surface if it seems to be overheating.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
sooooooooo true!

I will never forgive the writers for what they did to Fred though. Never. Fred was my favorite character ever and she just got together with Wesley my second fav...
Haha, I loved Illyria, and just sort of liked Fred. Actually it was Cordelia who I was ticked off about.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to be Fred when i was younger! Funny how i ended up a dorky, chem major when you think of it.

Illyria was funny, like when she was kicking Spike's ass, but i still missed Fred. The last episode ever... that made me ball my eyes out.

Dont get me stared on Cordelia... theres just tooo much to say.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I bet age has a lot to do with how we view characters and seasons in Buffy/Angel. I grew up with Buffy and the crew -- I was a teen when Buffy was, in college when Buffy was, about to be an adult when Buffy was. I think I was a little older than Fred when she came about, so I never looked up to her, I guess. She did have a lot of endearing qualities though :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I was 7 when I started watching Buffy... and 9 when i started watching Angel, and 11 when Fred joined the cast. I was also 12 when 14 year Connor joined the scene... heheeh I was in love with him!

Besides Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, and Sora from Kingdom Hearts I think he was my first TV crush.

vinnie.jpg

Wow... just now i realized how alarmingly similar (physical features wise) he is to Max.... and i started writing LotF when i was 12... hum... that's interesting

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I think they put in the young boy character surrounded by adults just so the young girls (even ones too young for crushing) can have crushes on them and watch. For me it was Wesley Crusher (don't judge!) and Lucas Wolenczak. *is clearly not a teen writing for teens*

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
My TV crush as a teen as Eric Forman from That 70's show. Hehehehe

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Havent been able to write a word of UZ in two weeks... don't know what to do.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah! Explains alot if you ever saw a picture of Will. I love dorky, nerdy, geeky pale, lanky guys with shaggy hair :)

Have a plan that when school ends i'm going to start randomly hanging around comic book/video game/book stores more hehehe.

Grrrrrr... I hope i just did the right thing... I was trying to be nice because regardless how pissed i am i still have a heart and all that... sooooo grrrrrrrr!!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
DO NOT GET BACK WITH HIM UNLESS HE APOLOGIZES.

Trying to figure out how I will do a montage of looking through photos...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG! OMG!

Why didn't anyone tell me that Matt Bomer is on Glee now and that HE CAN SING?!

Just saw the clip of Matt Bomer/Darren Criss singing 'Somebody That I Used to Know' and...OMG!

Oh and hey guys! :D

I need to catch up. I'm on the Valentine's Day episode...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
OH no, that's not it... he has family member 1year death anniversaries today, and i sent out a mass text message to him, his siblings and dad saying i was sorry and i'd keep them all in my prayers.

Just because i really felt bad... I was still with him when she died and know how it tore apart his family. And even though i'm not with him, i cant hate his family, who i thought was my family for the last five years, you know?

I was going to leave him out of the text messages, but i thought that would be super mean on a topic like this so i added him in too... and I kind of don't know if that was a good idea now.... I dont know its just an overall tricky and difficult situation, because i still care for his family. Plus its not like i broke up with him... so his family shouldn't hate me right?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just haven't had a chance to catch up. The UK was behind anyway.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Grrrrrr... still dont know if i did the right thing...

But has anyone heard the song "Eyes Open" by Taylor Swift for Hunger Games yet.

I keep listening to it on repeat (slightly ashamed to admit that...) but its just so perfect for my first book on like every level. So utterly perfect that i'm just in love with it!

And one of the new Lostprophets songs is officially my theme song! Everytime i listen to it no matter where i am i start bobbing my head. AHHHHH I love them. Why cant they come on tour to America???!!!! AHHHHHHHH what i would give to go to one of there concerts! I was in London when they were on tour there and had to leave ONE DAY BEFORE THE CONCERT!!!! But i swear before i die, i'm seeing one of there concerts!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with liking Taylor Swift.

I'm wondering how to combine a montage with flashbacks...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm slowly realizing that, because now i cant even deny that I love her music, although its still hidden under my iPod... heheeheheh.

Over the past few years, i've broadened my music taste, and still getting used to the sort of "OH MY GOD ALLY YOU LIKE THAT SONG!!!???" by my friends.