Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't it great?!

:D I love Beckett. She's just so badass.

I didn't start watching Buffy until last year. I made it to season two before I found out what happens to Buffy and Angel (who I'm extremely attached to) and kind of drifted away from it. I'm thinking about starting up again this summer.

Just skip it don't even bother. Your just going to get super attached to him and Oz, and such and then they are going to be ripped away. Then just when you think the show is awesome and great, the writers start seriously screwing around with the plot and by the time you think your brain has settled on this new direction the show is taking shit happens that makes you go "Seriously why even bother to continue watching?" then they reverse the mistake, and everything just turns to crap real quick.

I watched that show from the first day it came on when i was 7 because i was in love with the movie that i used to watch over and over again from the ages of 4 up. Buffy was like the most awesome person in the world to me and then the entire show turned to crap and I became a very bitter ex fan. That show became the biggest disappointment to my 12 year old life.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Just skip it don't even bother. Your just going to get super attached to him and Oz, and such and then they are going to be ripped away. Then just when you think the show is awesome and great, the writers start seriously screwing around with the plot and by the time you think your brain has settled on this new direction the show is taking shit happens that makes you go "Seriously why even bother to continue watching?" then they reverse the mistake, and everything just turns to crap real quick.

I watched that show from the first day it came on when i was 7 because i was in love with the movie that i used to watch over and over again from the ages of 4 up. Buffy was like the most awesome person in the world to me and then the entire show turned to crap and I became a very bitter ex fan.

Sounds like Veronica Mars all over again. The first two seasons were phenomenal and then there was season three that I pretend doesn't exist.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I do that with alot of shows.

In my mind:

Buffy ended there senior year of high school.

Angel ended with Fred coming back and nothing ever happened to Wesley and they lived happily ever after and Cordy came back to be with Angel, and Spike (yes the same one from Buffy) was still his awesome funny self, and Gunn died. (because i really started to hate him)

In X-Files, Mulder and Scully got William back and lived happily ever after.

In Lost, they all stayed on the Island forever and ALL THE QUESTIONS WERE ACTUALLY F*&^ING ANSWERED!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a flirty song that a guy could sing to a girl with just an electric guitar with him? I need it for my script.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
In Lost, they all stayed on the Island forever and ALL THE QUESTIONS WERE ACTUALLY F*&^ING ANSWERED!

Lol. :D I'm so scared that they're going to do the same thing with Once Upon a Time. They've been piling on so many questions and not answering most of them that it's starting to get annoying.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think so. I'm just happy they finally answered why Regina hates Snow! I was freaking out with the last episode!

Personally the concept of why she hates her, doesn't make logical sense to me. But i dont want to give away spoilers.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think so. I'm just happy they finally answered why Regina hates Snow! I was freaking out with the last episode!

Personally the concept of why she hates her, doesn't make logical sense to me. But i dont want to give away spoilers.

Agreed to all of the above!

It makes sense, but only with a very twisted, psychopathic sense of logic. I was kind of disappointed in the last episode because I predicted almost everything that happened a week ago.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think if I finish this scene before midnight, I might do a bit of outlining.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed to all of the above!

It makes sense, but only with a very twisted, psychopathic sense of logic. I was kind of disappointed in the last episode because I predicted almost everything that happened a week ago.

Yeah I know what you mean, but even a psycho like Regina should know Snow's totally not the one to blame with the shit. It just bothered me alot, because if your going to ruin anyone life, it should so not be Snow but well the one who actually did the shit. I just thought they could have pulled together a more solid rationality behind her hatred for Snow. I think they could have done more.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Random question, but can you use real store names in a book. For example JC Penny's or The Gap, or something like that?

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, but even a psycho like Regina should know Snow's totally not the one to blame with the shit. It just bothered me alot, because if your going to ruin anyone life, it should so not be Snow but well the one who actually did the shit. I just thought they could have pulled together a more solid rationality behind her hatred for Snow. I think they could have done more.

Yeah I agree. SPOILERS in white below.

Especially because Snow was just eight years old. She was just trying to help and she has no idea the pain she accidentally caused. If I'm going to have some vicious revenge taken against me, I'd at least like to know why. I'm surprised the queen didn't kill David and frame her for that instead of Katherine. A "love for a love" kind of thing.
Especially be

Random question, but can you use real store names in a book. For example JC Penny's or The Gap, or something like that?

I'm not sure because they're trademarked. I know GAP was used in an episode of Glee, but that's different... I'm trying to think of an example of a store name used in a book and coming up empty.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Sure, no problem. Unless you're saying that GAP is run by child molesters or something. If you just want your characters to go there, it's not a problem.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
How hard can it be to find a flirty song for a guy to sing???

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% there!

No need to see, i was just wondering. What about mall names? For example there is a place in center city Philadelphia (where i live and my book takes place) were there is a shopping center area building, like a mini mall, called "The Gallery". Would i be able to call it by name in the book?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
How hard can it be to find a flirty song for a guy to sing???

"I wanna" by All American Rejects.

Not sure the level of flirtyness you want... but I have a bunch that range from cute and innocent to well dirty.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
You can basically use any place names or any company names as long as it's not derogatory.

Registered trademarks should only be relevant if there's a likelihood of confusion, eg. you wouldn't want to use the Mars trademark in advertising for a new chocolate bar, but if your characters in a novel eat a Mars bar, that's fine.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I changed my mind. I'm using Ally's suggestion.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahahah YAY! Well if you need fairly dirty ones I can help with that too.

As long as you are looking for Rock/alternative songs.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I changed my mind again. #fail.

I have twelve pages, so even though I'm only halfway through this scene, I'm going to do some outlining soon! Yay!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well Lisa if you need any more flirty/dirty songs here is a list

"Just the way I'm not" All time Low
"Make you mine" Cooper
"Gorgeous Nightmare" Escape the Fate.
"Here (in your arms)" Hellogoodbye
"Like Nobody Else" & "Set it on Fire" & "Move your Body"by My Darkest Days
"Punk Rock Princess" by Something Corporate
"The worst way" by Cinder Road