Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
HAHAHA well Pip and Laura are both already red heads, so there kids are going to totally be red heads. But Zoey's father is Laura's brother, who is not a redhead, (more auburn) but well her grandfather on that side is, but her mom is not, so from the loose probabilities i've discovered on the complex estimation that is hair color, I'm going to guess, she will end up like her father and mother with dark auburn hair, while her little brother ends up with the more dominant brown, with light auburn highlights in the summer.

Another problem was figuring out the likelihood of Lex having blond hair. Because she's not allowed to be blond (can change her looks) if science cant back it up. Luckily although extremely rare it is not only possible for her to have blond hair, but a completely different hair color from her twin.

Jul- black hair, hazel eyes, Tod-blond hair green eyes. One twins looks like each parent. (but both have green eyes) It gives Lex a 20% chance of ending up with blond hair though.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Popping in with some Sherlockettes VISUAL REFERENCES!

Well, you know how my characters go to a lovely, wealthy school, yes?

...unfortunately I do not have a picture of this school. Suffice to say that it is a lovely huge Edwardian mansion, I think.

But I DO have a picture of the park their school is located in! So this is basically their school yard. But it's public.

montreal-beaver-lake.jpg

mount_royal_park_montreal_1808_jpg_600x.jpg

Isn't it lovely? In the winter, everyone skates on that lake. And there is tubing! And snowshoeing! Not on the lake.

And with that I'm off to bed. G'night!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Fancy! My YA UF is set on a blasted island, but the scenery is still pretty, in a way. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like a college campus. My school sucks big time, but the one thing they have going for them is a pretty campus. Not that it meant anything to me more then sucking more tuition out of me each year for "Upkeep".

We do have a castle though which was cool back when i was a freshman.
images

Its pretty in the fall, because out the windows of the only building on campus i ever go into (Boyer the science building) you can see out to millions of trees all changing for fall.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I live on a blasted island!

They live in a SUPERBLY NICE PLACE. Which is my home city.

mtl-westmount-park-01.jpg

Avenue_Greene_Westmount_C3AEle_de_MontrC3A9al_2005-11-10.jpg

westmount-1.jpg

westmount.jpg

Winter-in-Montreal-460x298.png

Even the town hall:

220px-Montreal_Westmount2_tango7174.jpg

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You really hate living on that Island don't you?

I'm up entirely too early right now, but i went to bed last night at 8... so i guess its really not that early.

ETA! Wanna know what i found out which so totally freaking sucks i really want to punch a wall!? My mom had secretly bought me and Will tickets for a concert I WAS DYING TO SEE!!! Now... I dont know anyone else who likes those bands. *&^&*$*#%)@#%@*$%)@*&#%!!!

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Go by yourself! Or... invite someone randomly! Plenty of people like going to concerts even if they don't know the band.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and yes, Ally, I really hate living on this island. I like the island in itself, but not LIVING here.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I've lived in the same city basically all of my life. I lived in the same house for 18 years, in the same room for 14, and then in the past three years I've moved six times. ...But all still within the same city. If things work out the way I'm hoping/wanting them to, there's a pretty good chance I'll end up staying here most of the rest of my life. Which I'm okay with. It's a small college/university town, but just the right size for me. Big enough that everybody doesn't know everything about you, but small enough that everywhere you go you see people you know.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Two days till I venture down south.

I'm going to Harry Potter Land. :D along with a bunch of other places :p

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to live anywhere but a big city. I want to have a country house up north, but living full time? No, thanks.

(that's because of the country part, not the north part)

ETA: WAIT TAYLOR HOLY SHIT ARE YOU GOING TO BE IN ORLANDO HOW LONG ARE YOU STAYING?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to resource hunting -- synopsis writing. This is for uni purposes.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to live anywhere but a big city. I want to have a country house up north, but living full time? No, thanks.

(that's because of the country part, not the north part)
Yeah, I like small towns. But that could be because I grew up in one. I will say that my favorites are small towns that are like... 10-15 minutes away from a bigger city. That way it's still the small town, but you can get some of the perks of city life. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Me, i grew up in a small old neighborhood right next door to Center City Philadelphia. I always hated my neighborhood, its small and very safe, and everyone knows each other and there mother, and I've always hated it. But that is probably because of my bullying past...

After moving out to the suburbs for college, that is where i want to live. My ultimate dream is to move far far away live in a nice big house with a lot of land and just write all day long. But not every dream can come true, i'd settle for a nice house in the suburbs though.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in a small town and go to college in a small town. I love visiting the city, but I don't think I could ever live there. It's just too crowded and the traffic is awful.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... I'm from a fishing community, so obviously we're very small. But we're roughly an hours drive away from St. Johns, which is the biggest city you'll get here...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I just want a big house. Ever since i was very young i begged to have a bigger bedroom. (Its like the size of a walk in closet...) And a backyard... mine is a cement box about 9 by 12 feet. So when i went out to the suburbs and saw single houses (I live in a row home) with driveways (Something you CANT get around here) and land... it was like a dream come true!!!

I want my kids to have room to run around, and bedrooms bigger then a bathroom, and a backyard where i can put up a treehouse, and swingset (for them and for me ehehehe)