Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like such a crybaby right now. I've watched two movies, neither one of which are really tear-jerkers, and I've ended up balling.

navaa

Registered
Reaction score
Zoommmmmm! Are you still here. HI! I wanted to say hi to you, so I said hi to you! How've you been?

Bookgirl - What movies were they?

navaa

Registered
Reaction score
What a Girl Wants!
I loved that movie. I watched it way too many times.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Just wrote the last 1k of a random SNI that Vampires Sucks gave me that ended up turning into a rewrite of Sweet As Sin.

Why oh why can't I be working on MAAH?

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
There's no law about including rape in paranormal novels, but given the cultural baggage, I'd be wary of going there just because you can't think of another accident. Near-drowning? Electrocution? Fall from a bridge? Head injury? Accidental strangulation? House fire?

Oh, a house fire could work! Thank you! :)

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. Just thought I'd mention there's a writing competition called the Young Writers Prize over in England, but it's open to unpublished novelists all over the world between the ages of 18 and 25. Details in the link if you're interested. I'm planning to enter :)

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone!

I see that some of you were talking about Scrivener. I was looking for a software like that and tried it out. It has so many features that it confused me so much. I toyed with it for a few hours before I just gave up. I settled for Storyist (Mac-only as far as I know) and it's very simplified, but organized. You can use it to actually write the story, plan the story, or both. If you want to get straight to the point, everything has its place.

I've been using it for a few months now and it has really made a difference in my planning. I am a planning whore. Before, I would just use notebooks or Microsoft document with trillions of bullet points for my planning. If I don't plan then my story goes all over the place. I haven't written in the program yet, but I think I will start with my shiny new idea, Dead Moon.

So if you got a Mac, you should check out Storyist. I recommend it. It takes a little while to get used to, but I personally love it.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I used Storyist as a free trial for a little while. I don't remember it that much, but it was cool.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
At the time I bought it, it was NaNoWriMo, so there was a pretty nice discount on Storyist at the time. I decided to snag it up before the prices went up again. I don't do NaNoWriMo, but I love it because there are discounts on so many things!

I am a penniless college student, so I take discounts where ever I can.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Hehe, thanks! I know everyone is tired of werewolves, but I couldn't pass up this idea. Werewolves fighting zombies? Hell, yeah!

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hey everyone!

Happy birthday Thalia!

My mom's b-day was today and I totally forgot. :Wha:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Uh-oh...

My mom is getting me Scrivener! Like, right this second. I gave the free trial a spin, and it is VERY cool.

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
Happy soon b-day!

I'm trying to decide which idea to make into a 1 act (pick an idea):

1. les miserables set in Occupy Boston. (change everything to fit, the Sargent of Waterloo is a bar, the barricade is across Boston Common.)

2. Peter pan in a mental asylum. I mean doesn't EVERYTHING he says/does in the book sound like he's crazy? (Tinkerbell is a coconut BTW)

3. cupid trying to get teens to fall in love. Including bells, note cards, and lust!

4. A drama club trying to remake les mis as a play (without mentioning ANYTHING from the musical), being written by 2 dudes trying to make it the most accurate adaption ever, and ending up terribly screwing up.

5. a circular play which opens at a funeral for teens killed in some way (either a car crash or drugs/alcohol OD), explaining everything, and ending at the funeral.

comped

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd go with #2 because of the coconut but I LOVE LOVE LOVE #1, comped!

Thalia, tell me about this scrivener. Should I be jealous of you?