dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Anyone feel old now? No? Just me? :tongue

*raises hand*

Um. I'm a year and a half older than Para. Guess that means someone's about to kick me out of here, huh? ;)

:hi: Matt! Good luck with your novel and university plans. :)

I've pretty much decided that I would be ecstatic if I was done with. BA already. One more year, the hello, MA program. :tongue

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score

Yep! I'm just about done with the other YA UF, the one with the airships. Just got the epilogue left to write and then my fifth novel is done. Better stock up on champagne, because I'll be needing it. :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
*raises hand*

Um. I'm a year and a half older than Para. Guess that means someone's about to kick me out of here, huh? ;)

*kick!* :D

I've pretty much decided that I would be ecstatic if I was done with. BA already. One more year, the hello, MA program. :tongue

I'm glad to be done. No more essays, no more tests. No more queues at registration. No more tuition fees. I've escaped! Ahahaha. :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Fifth novel?! :D

Hehe. I feel like a slacker now.

But that's awesome!

Thank you! It's not as impressive as it sounds. I finished one in 2004, one in 2006, two in 2009, and then this one will be finished 2012. So you can see that there were lengthy periods of slacking off in between. :tongue I need to learn to knock 'em out one a year. Super excited though. I was starting to think I'd forgotten how to write anything new. :tongue

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm posting a lot because there are deadlines looming over me alarmingly. Distract me. :tongue

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Thank you! It's not as impressive as it sounds. I finished one in 2004, one in 2006, two in 2009, and then this one will be finished 2012. So you can see that there were lengthy periods of slacking off in between. :tongue I need to learn to knock 'em out one a year. Super excited though. I was starting to think I'd forgotten how to write anything new. :tongue

Not impressive? Pleeease. :D

For someone who gets close to finishing a wip but never actually does, this is amazing.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Same here!

Does anyone remember who played Ollivander in the Harry Potter films?

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
*distracts with chocolate*

*kicks back*

I was barely fluent in English in 2004...

ETA: I finally saw the last HP film last night. Quite liked it, even though I watched it in German, which was really weird. Don't remember who played Ollivander, but i'm notoriously bad with names.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what to do with my wip. Can't seem to write it even though I really REALLY want to write it. Thought maybe watching Game of Thrones would get me in the epic fantasy mood but...haven't really been inspired lately.

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Mmm England. :heart: Just got back from there and I'm already missing it.

Ely, maybe you just need to work on something else for a bit. Inspiration often strikes at random.

ETA: hahaha, total typing fail tonight can be blamed on my iPad's auto-correct btw. It loves me not. ;)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Not impressive? Pleeease. :D

For someone who gets close to finishing a wip but never actually does, this is amazing.

If you're struggling to complete a full-length novel, you could try building up from short stories to longer works. Actually, if you're having real difficulty finishing anything, you could be a cynic and just write THE END on your work in progress. Everything can be fixed in revisions, including not having an ending of any kind. :tongue

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
I want to go to England one day. Hopefully I'll be able to study abroad someplace overseas when I'm in college. I'm tired of the US. *sighs*

And dys - I did start working on something else but I'm starting to feel really guilty. It just feels like I'm cheating lol

I also think the problem is that I haven't read a lot of books in my wip's genre.

Anyone have any good YA epic fantasy recs?

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
If you're struggling to complete a full-length novel, you could try building up from short stories to longer works. Actually, if you're having real difficulty finishing anything, you could be a cynic and just write THE END on your work in progress. Everything can be fixed in revisions, including not having an ending of any kind. :tongue

This.

In fact, just going "screw this!" and writing THE END is totally how I finished the first draft of m dystopian fantasy back in 2007. It's grown and taken quite a few turns since then. :tongue

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. ...Especially if I'm able to do what my adviser thinks I should. Then we can be the cool aunts in England. :D

I'd seriously think about it. I love the countryside, so I understand why you might be wary about living in London, but it's not forever - I survived it. There may not be stars at night, but there are planes in the sky, and little bits of history in plaques on the walls, and hidden rivers that run in channels beneath bridges. Expensive, though.