Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, the nun thing is pretty funny. :tongue

Yeah that part is. I honestly thought I'd end up one till i was like 15. Two girls even once locked me in a nun's room in the convent across the street from our school, while we were visiting there. I think that is why i was so terrified. There rooms were so plan. I so could not live like that. A little bed with white sheets, a dresser and a cross... not even a TV!

While the thread is more alive than it's been in a while..... Anybody want to YAWN? :D

SURE!!!!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I was called Mother Allison in my catholic grade school because i behaved in class and didn't know why they all laughed every time we were on the page number 69. To think about it now, i really question there upbringing if 4th and 5th graders knew what that was....

They had bets to see if i'd become a nun or crazy cat lady when i grew up. Which i was rudely reminded about a few years ago by an asshole who was in my class. Long story

In 8th grade i was seriously freaked out and scared for my life that i would become a nun. Because a nun came into our class to talk about vocational callings, and said "If alot of people tell you, you would be a good nun, that's what your meant to be." They all had a field day after she said that. I came home crying that day begging my mom not to let me be a nun. At least i can laugh about it now.

Hahaha :) sorry about that, but that's too funny and too cute.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I have a group of friends who would jokingly refer to themselves as the "Mormon Nunnery." ...Of course, a lot of that was because they're all over 25 and still single, where the stereotypical Mormon girl is married and has at least one kid by then (not that that's a very accurate stereotype anymore). :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Heheheeheheheheeh! I just had to look up a math joke for my book and this is what i picked

Q: Why do you rarely find mathematicians spending time at the beach?
A: Because they have sine and cosine to get a tan and don't need the sun!

I'm such a nerd... this made me laugh.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed a discussion about height earlier (I know I'm slow on the uptake--sometimes I get wrapped up in, you know, writing :p). There's a question I always like to ask girls:

Would you date a man who was shorter or the same height as you?

Late response but I both would and have, for both. I actively like short, compact guys. Just the build I'm attracted to.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I like thin and lanky guys, too, for some reason. They have to be smart and funny as well. And a whole lot of other things.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
BG are we still YAWNing?

Yes! I didn't get a whole lot of new stuff done, because I was reading back to make sure I knew where I was at (and found myself editing as I read), but.... Yes. :D

ETA And I don't necessarily like them lanky, but most of the guys I've liked have been between 6'-6'3", kind of athletic builds (like, think cross between swimmer, basketball player, and football player), and have a geeky/nerdy side. ...And most of them have looked just as good (if not better) when wearing their glasses. :D

...And I posted.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Personally i hate athlete types. Nope give me a pale guy with negative upper body strength then sports guy any day. I don't mind a little muscle definition, but not alot. But i'm weird. Funny thing was i got my wish. Will is thin, lanky, nerdy to the extreme, and very sarcastic and funny and looked almost exactly like Eric Forman from that 70's show. YAY!

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sending you a link to a picture of my best friend...who I kind of really like.

ETA It's an old picture (from our junior year of high school), and he's changed some since then, but... *shrug* He's the one next to me.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend is strong enough to pick me up, which I appreciate. He's also very dorky and nerdy and I think he's adorable.

This is me leaving the lurking mode I've been in for an hour.

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
This guy I'm thinking about is...like almost a perfect balance. He is geeky, but also sporty, musically inclined, well-liked/personable/sociable.... *shrug* To list a few of the things he was involved in: sports (water polo/swimming, football, basketball, track), ballroom, choir, journalism, the "Nerd Herd," student government, band (for a little while)... And a big fan of DC comics and....I forget what else. I also haven't seen him in a year and a half.

ETA Ally, are you planning on posting this hour?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I WANT TO YAWN.

I need to learn Trig. I need to learn it by Spring for a boarding school placement exam and I've never been taught it.

...oh, yeah. For those of you who don't know...

I'm going to boarding school next year!

Bookgirl2021

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to join! I just got home from dinner. When are we posting?

Ally posted a little bit ago, and I posted on the hour. Posting again on the next one, I think. If you want to post for this one, that's okay with me. If you want to wait, though, that's good too. :)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I may post this in YAWN, but since some of you guys were asking for more Sherlockettes snippets, here is when Sophie and Veronika meet (and Danielle is trying to teach Veronika to act like a person. I love those two so much. Danielle is, like, Veronika's keeper.)

Brianna is a girl in their class. She showed Sophie the way to the classroom.

On Danielle’s other side, a girl was staring out the window, not bothering to hide the boredom in her expression.

“Hi,” said Sophie, raising her hand to wave a little. The girl didn’t even look back, and after a moment, Sophie dropped her hand back into her lap.

Danielle rolled her eyes and elbowed the girl. “This is Veronika,” she said, when the girl continued to ignore them. “Sorry about her. It’s not personal.”

Sophie smiled. “I’m Sophie,” she said. The girl didn’t show any sign of hearing her.

Danielle rolled her eyes again and turned to the girl. “Ron, you’re being a sociopath again.”

“Is that a bad thing?” came the girl’s mumble.

“Yeah, it is,” said Danielle, her voice light and peppy. “But go ahead and do your whole angsty teenager thing. I’m going to make a friend.”

“Good for you,” replied Veronika.

Danielle laughed, and turned back to Sophie. “Veronika kind of hates everything and everyone,” she said. “She only puts up with me because we’ve known each other forever.” She cleared her throat. “So, where did you go to school before?”

Sophie didn’t get the chance to answer, however, because Brianna’s voice was passing almost directly in front of them.

“…the country house is almost finished—that’s what we were doing this summer, redecorating.” She sighed. “I’d have liked to have gone somewhere, but my parents were set on getting this done, before—“

“—before you went bankrupt,” finished Veronika, still staring out the window. Her tone was indifferent, bordering on polite.

Brianna’s cheeks lost all color. “Hi, Ron,” she said in a quiet voice.

“Hello, Brianna,” said Veronika, turning to look at the girl. For the first time, Sophie could see her eyes. They were ice blue. “How was your summer? I heard your father lost his job.”

A second before the last word got out, Danielle moved. She tackled Veronika down onto her chair, but it was too late.

The rest of the classroom erupted into chaos. A larger group was forming around Brianna, while Brianna shouted out protests. Danielle was letting Veronika up at in exceptionally slow pace.

“You DON’T say that!” the girl was saying, waving a finger at Veronika like she was admonishing a small child. “That is PERSONAL INFORMATION. Just because you are able to figure out other people’s secrets doesn’t mean you get to tell people!”

“Was that a secret?” asked Veronika, looking utterly bewildered.

Danielle hit Veronika with a pencil.