Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I don't always, but when I do, I'm aware of it.

I'm proud of the decision to introduce Carlos a lot earlier... but now I have a problem: How to have a flashback from Carlos's POV, written in first person from Will's POV?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Um... you can't.

Will could find a diary, or Carlos could tell Will, or Will could have psychic vampire powers and see the memory.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Do you really need the flashback? Because the simple solution is not to have one. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Writing it through dialogue and lots of eye-rolling. XD

ETA: I'm tired and my stomach hurts, so I'm going to bed. 'Night, guys. :)

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Okay. We all know that I often cry during The Vampire Diaries.

I literally feel like my throat has been ripped out and I am unable to even make tears. I spent the five minutes right after the show making noises like a dying animal. My throat is burning, and burned to much for me to scream- I was trying to scream, but I couldn't get it out.

To anyone who watches TVD and hasn't seen this one yet: do not go on Twitter. Or Tumblr.

Man, I thought the Season 2 Finale was intense.

I actually do not have a word for... for what this... for what this was...

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. My friend keeps trying to make me watch TVD. Methinks this is not a good idea. *does not like scream-inducing finales*

Methinks this is one of those shows that should end before I start watching it. :tongue

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't actually know how i write my characters. I don't feel the way most people feel towards there characters. Actually i don't understand the argument that they are real. There not real simply because you have complete control over them. You can make them say and do whatever you want. And how are they separate entities then you... when you created them up and again they are not real?

I've been writing with my LotF characters for a LONG time. I know each one of my characters inside and out, but that's only because I've been developing them for 10 years. Are they real? No, clearly not. But there as close to real as they can get to me and only me, because not a day has gone by in the last 10 years where i haven't thought up scenarios with my characters, or daydreams, or plotting, or something. Hell they are always on my mind. Are they separate from me? No. Not at all because i created them.

I don't know, i feel the fact you can change anything about them at a drop of a dime, there name, hair color, religion, anything with a simple thought proves just how much control you have over a character. I don't really understand when people say the character writes themselves. How? Your the one writing, your the one with control. I've had characters that haven't come off the way i want them too, but that was my fault because when ended up on paper wasn't what fit that ideal picture in my head. I'll joke around saying "This character is a pain in my ass" but that's only because i cant write down there personality right.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember who it was that said something about imaginary friends, but that's pretty close to how I feel about my characters. ... Kind of. They're real inside my head, but not in reality. And I know they're not real, but sometimes stories go in a way that I hadn't thought of at all, just because of a change connected with a character. And I'm continuously learning new things about my characters, but that's as they develop in the story and in my head. I guess.... Maybe the best way to put it is that my characters are part of my sub/unconscious, and that because of that sometimes it seems like they're writing themselves--as the conscious and the others touch briefly.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So, my laptop's fan has its cover missing, which is a cosmetic problem, but my mum goes and phones up for it to be picked up for repairs on Tuesday behind my back. Not happy. How am I supposed to do anything with the shitty thing that is my netbook.

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
Hola mis amigos! Er... amigas. Any lads about?

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
In half an hour I get to go home to lunch. But I'll be back.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished Will's timetable. I was really evil and gave him double maths first thing on a Monday morning.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Ally- I totally agree with you. Except for one thing- I do believe that, when you try to make your character do something that they wouldn't do, you get writer's block. Like, in MAAH, one of my character Corwin's defining characteristics is his honor and ethics. In the original outline, he was eventually supposed to turn to very dishonorable and unethical people and methods to solve the mystery. But when it was time to write it, I could not write that because it went against my entire character, and I got blocked until I figured out what he actually would do.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
And I've changed some things in this chapter, but I don't mind.

The biggest thing for me is the fact that I am actually confident about this, and I haven't been panicking about little things at all!

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Okay. We all know that I often cry during The Vampire Diaries.

I literally feel like my throat has been ripped out and I am unable to even make tears. I spent the five minutes right after the show making noises like a dying animal. My throat is burning, and burned to much for me to scream- I was trying to scream, but I couldn't get it out.

To anyone who watches TVD and hasn't seen this one yet: do not go on Twitter. Or Tumblr.

Man, I thought the Season 2 Finale was intense.

I actually do not have a word for... for what this... for what this was...

It WAS intense. I was watching it in my mom's room on the computer and when I start crying she just looked at me like I lost my mind or something.

I stayed off of twitter/tumblr and any other website that I knew would spoil the show for me.

Grr...the wait for season four is going to be excruciating.

Hey everyone!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That would be a good idea. I love TVD so much, and I don't want anything to be ruined for me.

How's the writing going?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
So many HUGE things happened... this makes the Season 2 finale seem like a friendly stroll through the park.