Registered
Reaction score
So there really is no hope? In that case then

CAKE BUNNIES BANANAS PENGUINS THE END IS COMING!!!!!!! *falls down*

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I've been suck in and addicted to Chat so i keep forgetting to look up and post here.

How is everyone?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm good relaxing on AW Chat, for now while i wait for my classmates to come over so we can spend hours trying to solve an impossible chem problem

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

Yay, Tally! :D

I'm hoping Invincible will be at least 60K. :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Tally. :) I really hate presentations, especially ones that I don't feel completely prepared for.

Have you ever talked out loud to yourself? I don't know why but when i'm stressed i sometimes do this. Point is. Practice what your going to say to a wall, a wall you know very very well. Then go up in front of the class take a deep breath and pretend your talking to the wall again. Or a group of stuffed animals. That always helped me at least.

And never show that you don't know the material.

I have my thesis presentation in front of my class and the chem department (ALL of my teachers over the last four years) coming up in two weeks... so i know how nerve racking it can be... and what i'm talking about (Anti-matter) i'm far far from an expert... in fact i don't even understand most of the paper i wrote.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I once told Zoe to look in the mirror and say "you are a badass motherfucker and you will rock this" and she said it helped.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That can work too!

I have from 2-4 presentations a year. My trick is just to act like i'm awesome and know everything! It also helps if you have a friend in the class. For BioChem last year i had to pick a disease or disorder. I picked hemophilia, because my character Pip has it and i've done SOOOOOO much research on it just for my books, I considered myself a pretty good expert on the topic.

I told my friend about my character and why i knew so much. She laughed her ass off, especially when i went up there and talked about "my friend John" (aka Pip who i made up) who had Factor 8 type A hemophilia. heheheheheh. My friend was in the back of the room giggling as I shocked the class with pictures of swollen elbows and talked about "John"

I stopped being scared of presentations when i realized that the only person actually listening to me when i stand up there and speak is the teacher.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. :) I'll have to try all that next time. I have another presentation in a week but I love the topic so I'm actually really excited about it.

Presentation over. I think it went relatively well.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I almost always listen to presentations. I like to judge people.

...probably doesn't make anyone feel better...

It's because I'm a debater! I judge people's public speaking skills to improve my own. That's it!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm too big of a daydreamer. If i'm not being tested on it, i'm not paying attention. I might be looking at you but my head is running though a million story ideas.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm daydreaming when my teacher is talking, not my classmates. Like I said, I like to judge people.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty must constantly daydreaming. Its a pretty bad addiction for me. I should probably pay attention to life more.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I need to escape my crappy reality by daydreaming to keep myself sane.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I zone out all the time whether it's my classmates or my teacher talking. One moment I'll be listening and the next I realize that that I haven't heard anything anyone has said for the past couple minutes.