Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
aww *hug*

...drink a redbull?

Okay! MAAH has gone from 50k to 56k! With this new character I can probably boost that to 60k.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I try to stay away from caffeine. Every once in a while I'll have a Doctor Pepper or Mountain Dew, but that's rare. ...I don't do carbonation, either.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
So i was up late working on a take home test that my professor from hell gave us.

I will show you why i was up till like 4am before i gave up...

This is ON MY TEST WRITTEN... "this is a bloody hard problem. The algebra is complicated enough so that you will probably be unable to solve it in closed form (such as the quadratic equation). So you will have iterations within iterations. However the rewards will be commensurate to the difficulties for anyone can get it completely right"

Thats my professors way of saying "this is too hard for you to figure out hahahahahahahahahahah!"

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Stupid.

I have decided to work on Invincible. I already know what playlists I want (Ally, you can help me with one of them :D) and how many chapters I want.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahah yes i'm so playlist girl.

Right now my Java monster isnt doing it. Oh well. I'm on a Lostprophets kick! they just make me happy, they have at least one song that fits my mode 24/7.

So how is everyone else doing? Today in my tired deliriousness I'm going to have to talk to my professor from hell to help me figure out where i'm going wrong. This is sure going to be one hell of a fun day! But he's going to be very shocked because I KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON! (or at least i think i do hehehe)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok!

Right now i'm plotting for no real reason. Not really plotting but coming up with ideas for the last two books in LotF. Don't know why but they have been on my mind recently. How do you run away from people who know you better then you know yourself...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing two for Invincible: One which is just stuff Will listens to (stuff like pop punk, screamo, that sort of thing) and one with songs that fits that are other genres, which will include Ruby's and Carlos' songs.

I'm determined to make Carlos a bigger part of this version.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
My characters who i dont want to be big in books end up with huge roles... for example the comedy of RBSL, Darren.

So when i want a character to end up with a small role i give him/her a lot of parts in the beginning then they fizzle out quick.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think it would make more sense to have him from the beginning in a way.

Do you know any songs with similar themes to "All I Want" by A Day To Remember that I can check out later?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
A day to remember is one of my fav bands.

Ok lets see! (it might be a LONG list... so i'll give you band names rather then song)

Adelitas Way
All That Remains
Anberlin (check out songs like Godspeed, The Feel Good Drag, The Resistance)
Art of Dying (good song includes "Get Thru This")
Atreyu
Autopilot Off
Breaking Benjamin (but not from there newest album)
Burn Halo
The Classic Crime
Egypt Central (This is a really good band)[/COLOR]
Escape the Fate
Four Year Strong (very awesome!)[/COLOR]
Lostprophets (More awesome!)
Madina Lake
New Medicine
Rev Theory
Rise Against (Love this band)
Saosin
Seether
Shinedown
Sick Puppies
Smile Empty Soul
Story of the Year
Sugarcult
Theory of a Deadman
There for Tomorrow
Thousand Foot Krutch
Trapt (great band)

The Used
3 Doors Down (newest album)
10 Years

Ones in dark red are probably the best matches

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
THE USED. SO MUCH LOVE.

"Blood on My Hands" is on the playlist.

And I recognise a lot of those names. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah there not my favorite but i got a good few songs from them! Blood on my hands is in like 5 of my playlists for my books. My MC's have blood on there hands... ALOT.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
No caffeine? *le gasp* I only drink carbonated stuff occasionally, but green tea! I can drink 5 pots in one sitting~

I want to add stuff to my MAAH playlist. Me and playlists: not a complicated relationship. Song has tune that puts me in the right mood, onto the list it goes.

Most of my MAAH songs are Evanescence, TBH, because Emil is totally depressed. Others include 'Decode' by Paramore, 'All I Need' by Within Temptation, and 'Run' by Snow Patrol. (I also have some religious-y songs with lyrics that apply way more to the way Emil thinks about Corwin, like 'Promise Of A Lifetime' by Kutless. "I know you're always there/ to hear my every prayer/ inside I'm clinging to/ the promise of a lifetime/ I hear the words you say/ to never walk away from me and leave behind/ the promise of a lifetime".)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have decided I'm going to get rid of the ED post its and use the trifold board for Invincible.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
No caffeine? *le gasp* I only drink carbonated stuff occasionally, but green tea! I can drink 5 pots in one sitting~

I want to add stuff to my MAAH playlist. Me and playlists: not a complicated relationship. Song has tune that puts me in the right mood, onto the list it goes.

Most of my MAAH songs are Evanescence, TBH, because Emil is totally depressed. Others include 'Decode' by Paramore, 'All I Need' by Within Temptation, and 'Run' by Snow Patrol. (I also have some religious-y songs with lyrics that apply way more to the way Emil thinks about Corwin, like 'Promise Of A Lifetime' by Kutless. "I know you're always there/ to hear my every prayer/ inside I'm clinging to/ the promise of a lifetime/ I hear the words you say/ to never walk away from me and leave behind/ the promise of a lifetime".)

Have you tried soundtracks? There could be lots of pieces that might fit the mood you're looking for. HPDHP1 has some epic depressing stuff on it's soundtrack.

"Fix You" by Coldplay might work as well. Or loads of stuff by The Fray.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Jesus Walks- by lostprophets is perfect for Jake and Andy's relationship in RBSL. That or Heart on Loan by Lostprophets.

Anyway Hello Taylor and Tally. How are you guys today?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
When I get home today, I'm just gonna work on MAAH (especially the new scenes with Chess) until it's ready to go. Then I shall send it to an Agent who requested it! Two, in fact.

ETA: I have! But they often don't have the right things. Like, the Twilight soundtrack has a few good ones ('Decode' and some Linkin Park) but at the same time I'm kind of really looking for Evanescence and Within Temptation-style music and vocals, as well as some properly creepy and intense non-angsty stuff.

Like, 'Her Name Is Alice' on the Almost Alice soundtrack is Hatter's theme song.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for agents and requests!

Man, this ferry is like a mini cruise... I'm sitting in the theatre part. Alone. In the back. Writing.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
YES BUT SHE'S SO AWESOME.

tumblr_lxbwhnlVmC1qbwch3.gif

Because Kurt fits everything. :D :D :D