Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
It's not a guy thing. I don't know what or who BCBG is either.

Same...
I'm good thanks. Aiming to crack 60k tonight. This book needs finishing.

FINISH

Drinking coffee and still reading rather than writing. Sigh. I need a kick in the arse, clearly.

*KICK*
You should come Nano with me. I wrote 15k during the first week of April.

That's really good! And you say i have insane wordcounts, that's right up there with mine!

Well, hello. It's been a while ^_^ How is everyone?

Hello! How are you

And if you guys need any more competition, I'll play for fun!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am back. Hoping to finish this scene before my programme starts.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Decided to take tomorrow off from coursework -- it's a bank holiday.

ETA: I've just realised I've got to edit my Christmas short story for uni... or sub it as it is, and hope for the best. I dunno what the hell to do.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Can't be bothered to quote, but Para - my WIP is about a boy who becomes best friends with a mad scientist.

And I am always happy to fangirl your writing. :D You come up with ridiculously amazing plots and delightfully cruel ideas!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think my laptop likes me playing games.

If it switches itself off while I'm watching TV, I may just leave it for a while.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ally, alls good over here. I've been writing quite a lot. So far I'm up to 35k on my current WIP. :)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I just stopped at one of those DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN moments in my book! hehehehehehehe!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone else's device done something like that when they're doing certain things. I'm thinking it has a mind of its own.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ally! I fear my 15k in a week will never rival your 15k a day, but I'll keep trudging on. :tongue

I don't think my laptop likes me playing games.

If it switches itself off while I'm watching TV, I may just leave it for a while.

Has anyone else's device done something like that when they're doing certain things. I'm thinking it has a mind of its own.

Pretty sure it's overheating. When you first turn it on, it's still cold, so no problem. But it starts to get hotter as you use it longer, and if you play something like a game or a movie, the core gets dangerously hot and the laptop shuts down automatically to protect itself.

Download and run Core Temp. Look at the temperature of the laptop while you're not running any programs, then run a game or a tv episode and look at the temperature again. If you can get a look at the temperature right before the laptop shuts down, all the better. Report back.

Can't be bothered to quote, but Para - my WIP is about a boy who becomes best friends with a mad scientist.

And I am always happy to fangirl your writing. :D You come up with ridiculously amazing plots and delightfully cruel ideas!

Mad scientists are awesome! And thank you! I still have an awful lot to learn about writing (sigh) but my crit partner seems to like the YA UF, so hopefully I'm doing something right. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Downloading it. Which temp. box am I supposed to be looking at?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The program will be a little grey box. The bottom half is subtitled Processor #0: Temperature Readings and beneath that it lists the core processors, so Core #0 and possibly Core #1 depending on how many you have. The temperature reading is directly to the right of the Core #.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
46C - 63C as far as I can see.

That's with the internet browser, (not online games) iTunes, MSN and Word open. I shall check it with games on later or tomorrow...

ETA: Playing games does seem to affect it.

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Sherlockettes is going nicely.

The playlist is basically every song Sophie and Danielle and Veronika (well... not so much Veronika) would have on their iPods and jam to. Or songs I just like in general.

So, I already have friends shipping SophiexVeronika... which means I can never release the entire thing, without giving them heart attacks.

THE FANGIRLS, I SAY. THE FANGIRLS.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
That temperature sounds pretty high for a laptop at rest. If it's getting up toward 80C when a game is running, that's definitely not good.

Way to go, Ely! I'm up to 800 words and trudging along. Just another 1600 words before we hit 60k.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
And currently on 31 pages. Need to hit 32 to be on track. This scene is slow going.

Also, I WANT FANGIRLS!!