Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This scene is over 1K and it is still not finished. Seriously, he was supposed to be dead by now.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
An author/coach for The Writer's Voice contest has offered to coach/mentor me, but she'd like me to seriously consider rewriting MAAH in Emil's POV. So, there is a good chance I may do that. Will it stick? I don't know! But I will try it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
BUT BUT I LOVE IT AS IT IS. D:

ETA: Also, I finally finished Chapter One.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I KNOOOOOW. And it might end up that way! But unless I get an offer on the book as is, I will probably do the rewrite to see what happens. It may be a complete failure, and it may be a total success. No way of knowing unless I try it!

I have had some Rs based on Corwin's POV. I've thought about changing that, but basically been too lazy to actually do it. This tough love may be just what I need.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I may post another snippet later this week.

ETA: Going to bed now. 'Night, guys. :)

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
All right, then!

But first, I gotta figure out how to write the prologue in Emil POV. Hmm.... the prologue has to set up the murders, 'cause at that point in his character development it would be more along the lines of...

"Fuck you," said Emil. "Fuck this newspaper. Fuck all newspapers. FUCK THE WHOLE NEWSPAPER INDUSTRY."

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I KNOW!! This is like the best day ever!

Not only did i find out all this news but then my crush and I or sort of talking on line because he posted a facebook thing about me and that night.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I saw!

Ally- ASDFGHJKL SO EXCITED FOR YOU.

Ooh, and what's up with your crush?

Ely- dunno if you saw my post on MAAH, but if not, you might be interested. It's #4006.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
An author/coach for The Writer's Voice contest has offered to coach/mentor me, but she'd like me to seriously consider rewriting MAAH in Emil's POV. So, there is a good chance I may do that. Will it stick? I don't know! But I will try it.

OMG! *jumps up and down*

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been reading all of The Writer's Voice entries and I didn't see yours. Did you enter a long time ago or in the most recent one?

And you should definitely try writing it in Emil's POV. You know how much I love Emil (I lurvvve Corwin too) but...yes you should soooo do it. I see great things happening for MAAH in the future, great things. :D

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score

I've never read it so I can't pretend to know if the dual POV works well or not, but from listening to you talk about it, I thought to myself that the two POV would be hard to pull off. This suggestion might be good for you. The query's really good, though--I read it and the book sounds awesome. Good luck.

*stumbles away to sneering WIP*

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing much has been going on with the crush, although he keeps tagging me in his posts, and liking my status, but i also like his all the time, because there funny. Damn i feel like i'm 11 again, which how this sounds. Oh well looks like i'm making up for the middle school experience i missed out on.

Today i really wanted to PM him or whatever it is called on Facebook and say Hi, but i wasnt sure if that would be weird or not. Think next time he's on I'm going too. Ask if he wants to hang out again or whatever. I think i'm going to see him again Friday when we all go to the amusement park.

Anyway Another big development in my life is I've started writing again! Not writing writing but more editing. Needed to change stuff in The Holiday Hacker (most recent book in my series) so now i'm re-writing it. Already 2/3rd of the way done.

Things are looking up finally.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
So, plotted my Emil-POV MAAH in Algebra! I can't wait to write it.

But if I'm online around 3 EST, yell at me to get back to Psychology, 'cause I need to WORK.