The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Divertir Publishing

Divertir Publishing

Hi all, Divertir Publishing requested a full for my YA manuscript and I was wondering if anyone had any info on them. I searched the forums and didn't find anything.
    “The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.” -Anais Nin

Heather Topham Wood
    My Blog Twitter Feed

First Visions: Second Sight Book One
    NOW available at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Looks like an /POD publisher that started up in 2010. 8 books on Amazon, 3 seem to be written by a staff member, highest sales rank #2,359,188. I had a browse through a few of the books and they seem quite good, the covers less so.
    Emily Veinglory

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin! francisbruno's Avatar
    The owner went to a few meetings of my writers group and the NH Writers Night Out. He seemed like a nice guy. I know he had an exchange with (I want to say Victoria Strauss, but I may be mistaken) on a forum, but he was up front about what he was doing.

Found it: http://howpublishingreallyworks.com/?p=1217

Good luck with whatever your decision.
    Francis Bruno

Please check my blog for latest stats on my writing:
    http://www.francisbruno.com

WOTF Q4 V28 Semi Finalist
    WOTF Q1 V29 "Hold" Pile, 'R' eventually
    WOTF Q2 V29 HM
    2011 Uncle Orson's Literary Bootcamp Survivor
    2012 Viable Paradise XVI Graduate

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    woodtop255:
    Divertir Publishing requested a full for my YA manuscript and I was wondering if anyone had any info on them.
    It's generally a good idea to research a publisher before you submit to them, rather than afterwards.

I had a look at their website and it seems that in 3 years of operation, they've only published one other YA novel. I'd want to know what the sales figures were like for that book and how they propose to market and sell your book.

Given that it still seems to be a POD publisher, they're probably not going to have a distribution in place to get books into stores so how do they plan to attract readers to the electronic version of your book?

MM

This is from memory of a conversation I had with the owner. For "Hurricane" he said the company was donating a percentage of profits to Katrina relief (not sure of the exact charity) and this had garnered some publicity.

Not sure what they would do for you. Although I thought the guy was very personable, I couldn't figure out what value add there was to go through them rather than self-publishing if you chose to go that route.
    Francis Bruno

WOTF Q2 V29 HM

Quote Originally Posted by francisbruno View Post
    This is from memory of a conversation I had with the owner. For "Hurricane" he said the company was donating a percentage of profits to Katrina relief (not sure of the exact charity) and this had garnered some publicity.

Not sure what they would do for you. Although I thought the guy was very personable, I couldn't figure out what value add there was to go through them rather than self-publishing if you chose to go that route.
    That's what I'm finding too with most of the small presses. I just can't find the justification for them taking such a large cut of your sales. Is it better for my career to say I've been traditionally published or simply self-publish and get the better royalty rate?
    “The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.” -Anais Nin

Heather Topham Wood
    My Blog Twitter Feed

Quote Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
    Looks like an /POD publisher that started up in 2010. 8 books on Amazon, 3 seem to be written by a staff member, highest sales rank #2,359,188. I had a browse through a few of the books and they seem quite good, the covers less so.
    The covers can be a turnoff for some of the publishers, can't they? I was considering submitting to this one small press and although the book descriptions sounded good, the covers looked so amateurish I decided against it.

Heather Topham Wood
    My Blog Twitter Feed

Not to go off topic, but you can get a fairly good cover for not too much money. deviantart.com has lots of very good artists.
    Francis Bruno

WOTF Q2 V29 HM

Since this is an old thread, I'm wondering if anyone's had any experience with them. For pitmad on twitter, I got a favourite from them but haven't responded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by francisbruno View Post
    Not to go off topic, but you can get a fairly good cover for not too much money. deviantart.com has lots of very good artists.

And we have some great artists right here on AW, too!
    http://www.staciakane.com

FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

Click here for more details.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

Yield to the beauty LateNightLady's Avatar
    If you submitted a query from #pitmad and did not receive a response, there is a good chance your query is in the hands of a reviewer. From what I heard from Mr. Tupper, he rejected the ones that didn't sound interesting. Also, you are more than welcome to ask about your query through the twitter account. What is your title and I can check for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde_at_heart View Post
    Since this is an old thread, I'm wondering if anyone's had any experience with them. For pitmad on twitter, I got a favourite from them but haven't responded yet.
    Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.

I blog

Yield to the beauty LateNightLady's Avatar
    We have started the process of re-issuing a few of our covers. Most of the "amateur" ones were submitted and adored by the authors. Why? I have no explanation.

Mr. Tupper didn't want to tell them "no" flat out, but he has since changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by woodtop255 View Post
    The covers can be a turnoff for some of the publishers, can't they? I was considering submitting to this one small press and although the book descriptions sounded good, the covers looked so amateurish I decided against it.
    Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.

I blog

practical experience, FTW stormowl7's Avatar
    They liked my #Pit2Pub pitch, but I'd like to talk to people who have (recently) published with this press can share their experiences?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have any recent experience with this publisher?
    All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

Blog: https://sharagambit924.wordpress.com/

Screenplay Harold Godwinson Coverage done, want to read a little? Click here (my blog): http://wp.me/p1V5La-df

M/M Romance Dragon Fire, Angel Light. Coming soon!!

"Tales of the Driss, Krystal Dragons" now available on Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCZKB2X...ds=Shara+Maude